News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Suggested amendment to underground mode keyboard shortcuts

Started by jamespetts, June 19, 2009, 11:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

I have noticed that the latest SVN for Pak128.Britain uses the ( and ) keys for changing the level in underground mode. When I tested this, I found it awkward to have to use the shift key, and that they did not always work properly. I suggest that they be reverted to the Pak64 defaults of HOME and END thus:

# sliced underground
toolbar[0][20]=simple_tool[15],9,^U,K
toolbar[0][21]=simple_tool[15],,HOME,I
toolbar[0][22]=simple_tool[15],,END,D
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

pak64 defaults are ( and ) according to pak64 SVN (I copied the lines straight from there).  I can understand why HOME and END might be better, but not necessarily for laptop users, and not necessarily a good idea to use different keys in different paksets by default.  The user can always change to suit his/her preference.  So if pak64 and pak128 go to HOME/END, I'll change it.

jamespetts

Hmm, that's odd - the original suggested version used HOME and END. PAk64 must have been changed.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.