News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

[New release] Simutrans-Experimental 4.3

Started by jamespetts, June 21, 2009, 02:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

A new version of Simutrans-Experimental is available to-day, version 4.3. There is also an updated version of the configuration files available. See here for more information on how to get them. (Windows binary here; Linux binary likely to be available here by the 22nd of June). This release incorporates the latest nightly version of Simutrans-Standard, and also fixes some bugs, including crashes whenever a signal or road sign was placed. It is recommended that everyone using an earlier version of Simutrans-Experimental upgrade to 4.3 immediately.

Changes

• ADD: Tooltip for "PaxDest" because "passenger destinations" does not fit on the button in full.
  • CHANGE: "Show all" in depot window disabled by default for cleaner, easier to understand depot window.
  • FIX: When "show all" was disabled, unusable vehicles were often shown.
  • CHANGE: Brake vans/cabooses now shown in the freight wagons tab, not the locomotives tab.
  • FIX: Problems when a double-headed train comprising more than one steam locomotive with a tender reverses.
  • CHANGE: More subtle progress bar colour
  • FIX: Crash when placing signals or road signs
  • FIX: Crash when mousing-over non-powered vehicles in a depot in "upgrade" mode.
  • CHANGE: The "directions" display when clicking on a signal is visibile only if the program has been compiled with DEBUG defined.

Feedback and testing

Thank you to VS for spotting the depot bug; it is always extremely helpful to have bug reports. As ever, all feedback is very welcome: I am particularly interested in bug reports, information as to how the game performs, whether the gameplay works, how the features of Simutrans-Experimental affect strategy and play style, and general impressions of Simutrans-Experimental. Thank you to all those who have contributed to Simutrans-Experimental so far, and happy playing!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Nathan Samson

Hi,

Is it possible that you post in your release statement the links to the binaries (And only add them when a build is available for that platform)?

Rationale: I want to download the linux client: Now I have to click the link in "How to get simutrans-experimental", download it, and see that it is still the "old" 4.1. Other option I have is to copy the link, remove the simutrans-exp-latest from the link and see to the date (Which is still 15/06)