News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Player Changes

Started by Colin, July 03, 2009, 08:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

Hi, O Mighty Developers, Can you please look into the possibility of making a Player Change reversable. IE: In a post elsewhere I described a situation where I had inadvertently changed the Passenger AI and the Goods AI to Player 2 and Player 5. Prissi tells me that I can't change it back. So now I have to scrap about 10hrs of work and start again.

Regards

Colin
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

prissi

What is the problem? You can still play as player 2 and 5. Just ignore the AI. You can disable it.

Changing it afterwards is impossible since it is needed to read its own savegames. Discarding afterwards, i.e. emptying the slot is possible (and will happen after backrupt sometimes).

Colin

Quote from: prissi on July 03, 2009, 09:00:41 PM
What is the problem? You can still play as player 2 and 5. Just ignore the AI. You can disable it.

Changing it afterwards is impossible since it is needed to read its own savegames. Discarding afterwards, i.e. emptying the slot is possible (and will happen after bankrupt sometimes).

The problem is, When I have changed to 'Public Works' to build or remove something, I have to now click through Player 2 and Player 5 to get back to what is now called 'Default Player' but used to be called 'Human' (I suppose the Martians must have complained about racial discrimination) Anyway, if I forget and just click once as I used to, I end up making miles of infrastructure that I suddenly find that I can't build on as the 'Default Player'.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.