News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

very long map creation times

Started by AP, July 04, 2009, 09:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

Hi all,

Just picked up simutrans for the first time in 9 months, since i'm now on vacation from university once again, and so have downloaded the latest version (pak128).

Simply put, when I use the automatic map-generation tool, it seems to take an inordinately long amount of time to produce a new map - as in, it never finishes the task. I mean, 15+ minutes for a 1024x1024 map, which it never used to do. I used to routinely play that size of map and generate it in a couple of minutes.

Is this a bug, or is there something (?rivers?) which greatly affects the time now which didn't used to? I've fiddled with most of the variables but have yet to find an obvious solution that way (beyond making the map tiny).

Thanks.

EDIT - it gets to about 70% of the progress bar quite quickly - no idea if that is representitive of it stalling on a particular process or ... not.

The Hood

I always find industry is a big factor in slowing things down.  Try reducing the number of industries (especially in relation to the number of cities)