News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Go to Depot Button

Started by Michael 'Cruzer', July 12, 2009, 09:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael 'Cruzer'

Why not make a go to depot button?
I often have to search for the depot, a button would this make much easier, but there should be a button for each waytype.

For having in every pakset the same shortcut I would suggest the Ctrl+r for road and Crtl+t for train depots.
Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

Severous

Hello Michael

The button on each vehicle to be enough in most cases. I don't have to find a depot..it works automatically.

For closing down a busy route, with many vehicles, I sometimes add the depot into the line orders, usually just after the main delivery.  Thus rather than all vehicles heading to a depot now..they go when they have made their delivery.

Have I misunderstood?
Regards
Sev.

Michael 'Cruzer'

Quote from: Severous on July 12, 2009, 10:01:45 AM
Hello Michael

The button on each vehicle to be enough in most cases. I don't have to find a depot..it works automatically.

For closing down a busy route, with many vehicles, I sometimes add the depot into the line orders, usually just after the main delivery.  Thus rather than all vehicles heading to a depot now..they go when they have made their delivery.

Have I misunderstood?

I think you have misunderstood me.
I mean a button in toolbar[0] with which you can open the window of the nearest depot, for buying there a new train!
Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

prissi

There are already depots in map view. Anyway, programmingwise your suggestion is easy to solve.

z9999

Quote from: prissi on July 12, 2009, 07:22:19 PM
There are already depots in map view.

I think there are two problems with it.
- Depot marker is too small and it is very hard to find it on minimap for me.
- Depot marker of all players are shown on minimap. So, I can't find mine.

prissi

I think the most simutransish solution would be a list of depots like the list of cites, factories an so on.

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

wlindley

Consider also the current frustration, when you only have a single rail depot, that you click on the depot to the list of vehicles; build a convoy; then start defining a line by scrolling 'round the map to find where it should stop...

At this point there are left and right arrow buttons on the open depot window, but if you only have one, clicking either will do nothing, ...so how do you scroll back to your one rail depot, after getting far away from it?  OpenTTD has a little "eyeball" that zaps right back to the depot's location... in Simutrans, click-"left"-and-then-"right" works, but only if you have more than one depot of that type (rail, road, etc.).  Perhaps the arrow buttons could just go back to the one depot in that case?

I like the "List of Depots" idea.

prissi

List of depots implemented in r8903 (caugh is it dusty here.)

Michael 'Cruzer'

I had no clue anymore that I ever asked for that, but, nice feature. Thank you and anybody else for their work.

Matthew

Quote from: prissi on February 05, 2020, 02:00:16 PM
List of depots implemented in r8903 (caugh is it dusty here.)

Necro'ing ancient threads is a terrible habit and ......oh!  :o

Prissi, thank you for implementing this. It is a small touch that will make almost every player's life easier.

Hopefully this patch will be merged into Extended before this thread is old enough to vote.  ;D

I had a look at the patch and creating new dialogues looks beautifully simple with the new themed GUI system. So thanks to everyone who worked on that, too.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

prissi

Hmm, but I forgot to actually submit the files with the dialog code ... so done in r8904