News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Growth without transporting anybody?

Started by Severous, July 19, 2009, 02:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Severous

Hi

Playing Pak.German and noticed this.

The first delivery of 'Fass PowerDest' will soon occur.  What you ask is that.  It comes from a wine press so it has to be wine of some kind.  'Fass' on google translation is not flask, but is a verb for Tun, or Barrel, or keg, or vat..etc.  'PowerDest'...well not sure what that means.  Licks lips...sounds good.  (The German words throughout this pak set add to the atmosphere).   

The interesting game play feature though is the passenger travels in the city hall graph.  Ive not transported a single passenger in this game. Yet here the graph shows 14 out of 53 passengers have travelled.  I have to assume these are travels within the town completed by the single stop.  Even though I am not moving passengers I'm getting the growth effect from having passengers 'travel'. Cool..cool that is if you want city growth.

Regards
Sev.

Frank

'PowerDest' is translated error

download new tab file from Simutranslator

Michael 'Cruzer'

Quote from: Severous on July 19, 2009, 02:25:06 PM
Hi

Playing Pak.German and noticed this.

The first delivery of 'Fass PowerDest' will soon occur.  What you ask is that.  It comes from a wine press so it has to be wine of some kind.  'Fass' on google translation is not flask, but is a verb for Tun, or Barrel, or keg, or vat..etc.  'PowerDest'...well not sure what that means.  Licks lips...sounds good.  (The German words throughout this pak set add to the atmosphere).   

The interesting game play feature though is the passenger travels in the city hall graph.  Ive not transported a single passenger in this game. Yet here the graph shows 14 out of 53 passengers have travelled.  I have to assume these are travels within the town completed by the single stop.  Even though I am not moving passengers I'm getting the growth effect from having passengers 'travel'. Cool..cool that is if you want city growth.

If I build 2 factories side by side and build a station between it, the good will transport automaticlly. Probably this is the same problem.
Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

jamespetts

If passengers are very close to their destinations, they are deemed to be able to walk and are thus "transported".
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Severous

Quote from: jamespetts on July 19, 2009, 10:04:50 PM
If passengers are very close to their destinations, they are deemed to be able to walk and are thus "transported".
Yes..they walk.  I have seen them.  Yet they don't show up as travels until you have a stop in the town. No stop means not able to travel...even on foot.  Not quite logical but that's what seems to be happening.

Michael..Ive not noticed it with factories.  Thanks for that heads up. Will have to look out for that.  Not sure if I would want to exploit it or avoid it.  Depends on the game circumstances I suppose.
Regards
Sev.

jamespetts

In Simutrans-Experimental, passengers can use their private cars, even if there are no stops.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Severous

And if they use their cars would they count as travels and thus favourably impact city growth?
Regards
Sev.

jamespetts

Yes; but if there is too much traffic compared to the size of the city, there will be congestion, which has a negative impact on city growth. Also, the prooprtion of people who have access to cars changes over time.