News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Power to the people!

Started by Maragil, July 20, 2009, 06:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maragil

A "brainwave" as crossed my head. This may have been suggested on archives, however I decided to 'possibly' rejuvenate an idea. Could one produce power in whatever way, depending on the Pak, and then connect it to an electric railway, or a tram/trolleybus. The idea for railway is Power line-transformer at the station(Most/More Expensive). More power= faster speed(Bonus). For the tram, place beside roadside, perhaps giving power to a limited area possibly 3x3 or perhaps 5x5. Or there could be several 'grades of transformer stations', so you could cover a small city in one power grid, which may be realistic for small villages.Maybe further in the future, underground power grid.
However, there would be the problem of track speed limitations, so could a bonus be added to that. I know it wouldn't be of much use in cities, as speed limit is 50km/h- however underground it is possible, so transformers would have to have an effect on underground unless underground power is done.
I appreciate the fact that electric power is not a vital part of transport, however it is a part of the infrastructure, which Simutrans effectively covers fully, apart from some things.
Now, in anticipation of the fact someone is going to say "This is Simutrans, not Simcity" - it'll be helping your transportation!

Please make comments,suggestions and ramble on!

H./

IgorEliezer

This is Simutrans, not *shot*

They had released a patch for powerline ducts (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=337.0), but I don't know if they step on ever since.

I have a slight impression we had same discussion here

Maragil

Ah- didn't find it. Anyway *throw grenade* ..I gibbed you :D
I assume the powerlinetunnel patch has been forgotten, but could I perhaps start some simutransy developy stuff? *shoots self in foot*

H./