News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Cargo won't load on my train

Started by zombones, July 27, 2009, 09:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombones

I set my date for 1860, and I am using an obsolete locomotive (it is my only option) along with wood-carrying cars to transport wood from the wood plantation to the saw mill to the town.  I place freight station on tracks one square away from all these locations.  I set a schedule for the train to go to each station, but no cargo ever loads.  How do I fix this?

KrazyJay

Please state Paksetversion, Simutransversion and OS. Screenshots and/or savegames help.
Played Simutrans in:
~ The Netherlands ~ United Kingdom ~ Taiwan ~ Belgium ~

Simutrans player

Isaac Eiland-Hall

screenshots might help. Checking out the guides -- http://docs.simutrans.com/ -- might help.

I'll try to guess what's missing... :)

In Simutrans, factories have contracts -- in the window for the first factory, is it connected to the other one?

Have you actually set the loco's schedule and started it on the track? Goods won't move until there's a live convoi out there...

Which pakset? Some paksets have stations that don't inherently enable cargo - so you might have to build a special building to enable goods.

On that latter note, there's three levels here that might be helpful to know:
1. At the top-most level, there's three types: Passengers, mail, and goods. A particular station or building has to enable these - check for the mini-icons in the icon for each station - little person, envelop, or goods...
2. Next down, we have vehicle-types. One type of good is bulk goods, for example. A bulk goods rail car can carry any of the ones I'll mention in number three:
3. At the lowest level, factories send/receive goods, for example, sand or coal - both of which are 'bulk goods' in #2 above, and 'goods' in #1 above. So a bulk goods train could theoretically transport sand, drop it off, pick up coal, drop it off...

So........ with all of the above, check out the guides, and see if you can give us screenshots or more info to work with, and we'll figure out what's missing. :)

Also, welcome to the forum. :)

zombones

I got the load to work.  It seems that I scheduled the trains to stop in the middle of the station or something, I don't know.  But now I scheduled them to stop at the end where the locomotive stops. 

Next question:  How do I get my trains unstuck from wherever they are?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Are you using signals? I really really recommend checking out the guide link.

Failing that, screenshots would be helpful.

Also, scheduling to any tile of a station works, so... something else was off. :)

Severous

Trains can become stuck if you are altering track layouts.  Use the 'B' key.  This will highlight sections of track in red that are reserved for a train.  It might be that a tile was reserved prior to track building and never used at the time...but now cant be claimed because of different routing/order of trains.
Regards
Sev.

zombones

I checked the guide for "stuck" but nothing turned up, unfortunately, and I am using pak128

Isaac Eiland-Hall

The idea is to see how trains work so you can see what's missing. :)

So... perhaps try the screenshots or something else? We're not mind readers. :)

zombones

Thanks for the help, I learned how to use the rail signals.