News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Simutrans-Experimental now on Simutranslator

Started by jamespetts, June 21, 2009, 10:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Thanks to Frank's help this evening, Simutrans-Experimental is now on Simutranslator. That means that it is now easy to translate Simutrans-Experimental specific texts to any of the languages supported by Simutrans.

To use Simutranslator with Simutrans-Experimental, log into Simutranslator, select "browse texts", select, "List un-translated texts", choose the language into which you want to translate Simutrans-Experimental, choose "Sim-Experimental" from the "set texts" drop-down menu, then click "show". You will then be able to navigate through the texts that still need translating into your chosen language and suggest translations.

Please post in this thread if you have done some work on the translations. Thank you to Frank for assisting with the translation setup, and to all those who have volunteered to translate for Simutrans-Experimental :-) It would be excellent to be able to have a good multi-lingual release.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

z9999

I couldn't find these words in Simutranslator. Thanks.

"Road"
"Rail"
"Narrow gauge"
"Distance\nComfort\nSpeedbonus\nroad %i km/h, rail %i km/h\nships %i km/h, planes %i km/h."
"clf_chk_obsolute"
"Electrical consumption: "
"City"
"Hilly landscape"
"Automatically replace this convoy."
"Constructed by %s\n"
" via %s"
" from %s"
"Average speed"
"Comfort"
"Retire"
"Refresh routes instantly"
"Replacing"
"Replacing\nvehicles of\n%-20s\ncompleted"
"origin (detail)"
"origin (amount)"
"Fixed Costs"
"Next Month:"
"Credit limit"
"Car ownership"
"Congestion"
"Power supply"
"Goods supplied"
"Interest"

jamespetts

Z9999,

thank you very much - I have uploaded an updated .dat file with those extra items now.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

z9999

Quote from: jamespetts on June 25, 2009, 08:46:13 PM
I have uploaded an updated .dat file with those extra items now.

I didn't understand meaning of this but it's OK.
Please notice if they were added to Simutranslator.

Colin

I logged on to Translator looking for Factories or Industries because they are still being listed in the menu's in German. i could only find one which I translated to 'Upwind Power Station'. So obviously the problem of the menu's is not in translation. It would seem to be more likely that the English version is not being included in the new releases. It's not a major worry, it just means that some of us will have to learn more German.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

jamespetts

Colin,

the names of individual factories are set in the pakset, so this is not a Simutrans-Experimental issue, but a Pak64 issue...

Colin

Quote from: jamespetts on July 07, 2009, 09:03:50 PM
Colin,

the names of individual factories are set in the pakset, so this is not a Simutrans-Experimental issue, but a Pak64 issue...

Sorry James I didn't mean to imply that it was. I actually was looking in PAK64 then had a look in Experimental where I saw there were just texts listed. It was in PAK64 that I couldn't find any Factory/Industries. Something I've asked about before, but nobody seems to care, so I'm just accepting it.
And before anyone says that I should download the correct translation, I download the PAK files from www.simutrans-germany.com, and I tick English in the game menu. SO, if there is any other version listed  anywhere, I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

jamespetts

Ahh, I suspect that you'd be better off posting in the Pak64 forum for that :-)

Colin

Quote from: jamespetts on July 07, 2009, 09:27:31 PM
Ahh, I suspect that you'd be better off posting in the Pak64 forum for that :-)

Allready done that to no avail apart from one response which said "They should be in English" or words to that effect. I replied that "Yes I know that, but they aren't" this was met with a deafening silence

Thought for the day

jamespetts

Some new texts have been uploaded to Simutranslator for additional features in version 5.0.

jamespetts

Update: New texts from 6.0/6.1 have been uploaded for translation.

jamespetts

Update:: New texts from the forthcoming 6.2 have been uploaded for translation.