News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

MLM developements !

Started by gauthier, August 30, 2008, 05:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

If you think darker blue is needed, may it be. It was one my problem, I was not sure with shade of blue (you may tell me exact shade of blue in CMYK scale). And if you ask for that where I found flag of France, I say this: I remember that one.

And as answer for your question about my plan for painting some other signs (logos) I write this: may it be if I find something to repaint or if I will get any idea.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Václav

Bridges length:

in the second version it is 8 tiles for TransRapid and 12 tiles for AMT - but in the first version TransRapid has no limit for bridge length.

It is clear both is wrong. Unlimited length of bridges is nonsense but 8 and 12 tiles are too short length for bridges in some maps (e.g. in map of Czech republic with size 2000*1316 tiles - there are rivers too large). I think the best length for high speed tracks including maglevs is between 32 and 64 tiles within. The shortest acceptable max length for bridges is 16 tiles.

There are not too many ways how to pass large river:

1. go down to water level and then go back up to original altitude - and it making trains go very slow
2. find not so large point where is passing possible - but it is not good too
3. changing of landscape - may be very expensive and it may create barrier for ship transportation

I think longer bridges than 64 tiles are useless but shorter than 16 tiles are too.

VS

That probably depends on scale of the map. I have never had problems with this - but it seems this factor is something never thought of.

Bridges in pak128 have length limits ranging from 6 to 16.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

gauthier

Magnetic bridges haven't any pillars, create one as this :

Sorry but 16 is too long for me. I will make 14 for AMT and 10 for TR and MLM.

gauthier

I have developed a few last days. AMT has been re looked, dark stripes are a bit lighter and global graphics are smoother.

As you can see on the screenshots, all vehicles are completely remade and only TR-08 has been converted to player color.
NFE is remade too with a totally different look from the first NFE.

DAT files of vehicles are remade too :
you can build double-trains (I can't say exactly what I mean so look at the last screenshot) which are useful for heavy cirrus : you can make convoys with several turbojet engines or nuclear fusion engines for example.
The speed of TR-08 has been increased to 431 km/h and the Concept_1 originally made by Timothy has been introduced in MLM dev.1 .
I used his png picture and write a new DAT (with Timothy's Authorization of course ;) ).

ariarinen

Quote from: gauthier on September 27, 2008, 08:04:05 AM
No, it doesn't.
99.** releases don't have maglev_track, they only have monorail_track.
in the 1.00 it crashes all the time when you build a depot but it looks good

gauthier

Quotein the 1.00 it crashes all the time when you build a depot but it looks good

This problem has been said at least 2 or 3 times ...
Please download the lastest nightly.
- thanks -

PS : nice to see someone finding my project good  ;)

Václav

Quote from: gauthier on October 08, 2008, 03:26:56 PM
PS : nice to see someone finding my project good  ;)

One thing is very good - and better than else ones in your maglev project: tunnels' coverage - marble surface is very good idea - but for underground stations it is not quite good idea in spite of it looks very good.

May be I have idea for some underground stations for TransRapid - at least. I found its track has width of classic rail - and so I can begin work.

...and here is new version of SNFOS logo. I made there some minor changes (last time I reloaded that picture by its double size version - 900*600 instead 450*300). And recently I prepared one another version - Lys flower is same as it is on version 7 but text is improved to design as I planned it

gauthier

Is there someone who uses ancient player color vehicles ?
If yes, can you tell me a name per vehicles ?

example :
_ SNFOS_cirrusPC
_ SNFOS_EolePC
_ SNFOS_ZephirPC
_ SNFOS_UltimaPC

The problem is I removed them and I have just finished remake them by the new original color ones.

PS : I don't know if I had already made TR-08 in player color.

Erik

Quote from: gauthier on October 15, 2008, 04:23:11 PM
Is there someone who uses ancient player color vehicles ?
If yes, can you tell me a name per vehicles ?

PS : I don't know if I had already made TR-08 in player color.

Yes, I am trying it at the moment TR-08PC
(I am not far enough for the other vehicles.)

gauthier

QuoteTR-08PC

Thanks very much, I remember other vehicles name now ;)

gauthier

I'm nearing the end of MLM dev.1 !

(don't care the two Ultima much than needed, I made a small mistake in dat. file :p)

gauthier

I have created a new pillar for MLM realistic pillars, do you like it ?

DirrrtyDirk

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Alex. Brose

Looks more realistic. Well done!

For my eyes the pillars have a little bit to less brilliance and so it looks more like plastic than stones or metals.
The shadows are nice, though. How does it look, when vehicles are passing them?

sojo

Quote from: Alex. Brose on October 17, 2008, 07:04:30 PM
it looks more like plastic than stones or metals.
If there is a darker/lighter line in the middle of the pillars. I think full filled in one color looks more massiv also stone.

And the ends are at air at the moment. That's crazy.

But I found it's a good job!
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

Alex. Brose

That's what i mean.

gauthier

I keeped Timothy's shadows under all elevated ways but it needs some improvements

QuoteAnd the ends are at air at the moment. That's crazy.

If I put pillars at ends, it will make smaller spaces between the end pillat and the one next to the end pillar than spaces between all other pillars...

er...this is helpful to understand me :D :

END================================
     ||<-->||<---->||        ||        ||        ||

gauthier

I made MLM pillars darker and AMT realistic pillars. The glass in the pillar takes the player color.

Alex. Brose

Now it's better.

Your tenderly works are very impressive. That's a lot more than only some pixelworks. And so you have my proper respect!

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: gauthier on October 18, 2008, 09:18:58 AM
If I put pillars at ends, it will make smaller spaces between the end pillat and the one next to the end pillar than spaces between all other pillars...

Might even work with correct spacing when you use offset.

gauthier

QuoteYour tenderly works are very impressive. That's a lot more than only some pixelworks. And so you have my proper respect!

thank you very much  ;)

QuoteMight even work with correct spacing when you use offset.

Can you explain ? What is offset ?

Alex. Brose

You can move graphics by using offset. For example for bridge parts.
Code: graphicxyz=xyz.0.0,x,y

Visuell example:
BackStart[N][0]=alexroadbridge1.0.0,0,21

While playing you'll see all tiles at the same height, because ST uses the offset parameters.
In my example you couldn't use the lower part of the ramps without offset, because the tile would be to small.

gauthier

It's good idea, I will use this for shadows under elevated ways.

Erik

Hi Gauthier

I have found a small bug with Aero.
If it go NE or SW the front and the rear has been turned.

I do not know you has fixed it already.

gauthier

I was away for one week, sorry for my late answer ...

I will fix it, thanks for say it.

EDIT : ooooops ... it's fixed.

EDIT²: sorry I made a idiot mistake : the line "enables_pax" and "enables_ware" of SNFOS_stations are "enable_pax" and "enable_ware" so it doesn't work ...

I'm going to fix it and change the update the download, sorry again.

DirrrtyDirk

I think the doors on the screenshot are a little too... "extreme". IMHO they should be a bit smaller and have (much) less contrast to the rest of the car. I mean, if you look at a train from a distance, doors are not that prominent as a feature - sometimes they'd be hard to see at all. But on this screenshot they really dominate the view.

Just my 2 cents.  :)

gauthier

QuoteI think the doors on the screenshot are a little too... "extreme". IMHO they should be a bit smaller and have (much) less contrast to the rest of the car. I mean, if you look at a train from a distance, doors are not that prominent as a feature - sometimes they'd be hard to see at all. But on this screenshot they really dominate the view.

You're right, I didn't looked at this ...

HERE the last version of MLM dev.
=====> WARNING : multiples vehicles are replaced by a unique .pak file to go faster : remove all of your SNFOS vehicles before adding the new <======
=> http://dodownload.filefront.com/12204776//b165f55dd2e7df369f29691245687f30bf75812e9aa1d7f8b73603f481f1e9d77e4f94134fe2a56e

I have uploaded source files (png and dats).
=> http://dodownload.filefront.com/12204788//b165f55dd2e7df369f29691245687f30bf75812e9aa1d7f8b73603f481f1e9d77e4f94134fe2a56e

note :

gauthier

The SNFOS page of the project :

http://villeme.dyndns.org/snfos/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5

Stations and station halls are temporary included in MLM dev. but they will be an other project.

the almighty snark

A very impressive project! I just looked through the whole projects page, il definitely give this a go soon!

gauthier

QuoteA very impressive project!

Thanks a lot  :D
I have spent a lot of time on this project mainly because it's my first addon.

maister

:award: :award: :award: :award: :award:
I hope this Add-on will be added officially in the Pak128  :exclaim:
(without some of the additional buildings and with some redesigned buldings)  :P

Reason: worthily upgrading of the time-line = longer fun to play the game
" border="0 (swiss) *pak 128*

Erik

(It was a bit quiet last weeks.)
But Impressive indeed!
I follow it from the beginning. That is also from the old forum.

I would also start a few projects. But at the moment i have not the time for it.

Quote from: maister on November 24, 2008, 08:46:22 AM
I hope this Add-on will be added officially in the Pak128  :exclaim:
You are not the only one  ::)

DirrrtyDirk

Let's just get pak128 running again first - after that, we can think of new things to add.

gauthier

Quote(without some of the additional buildings and with some redesigned buldings)

buildings and rail stations will be part of an other addon, they will be retired from MLM dev. when the other project will begin.
You can remove it manually, it's a separated pak.