News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

MLM developements !

Started by gauthier, August 30, 2008, 05:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Combuijs

QuoteAnd this with a lot of Franche authors and texts, Voltaire, Diderot, Montesquieu, Molière, Racine, Fontenelle, Victor-Hugo, Rabelais, Ronsard, La Fontaine, Rousseau

You are lucky, no Marcel Proust...
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

gauthier

Small up to date for Cirrus and Betacirrus : uranium cars and uranium ore freight view for bulk cars.
See the nuclear industry chain here => http://ota.webz.cz/data.plus/factory.chain/jaderny_prumysl_rc5.zip

kjtsdc

Why am I downloaded after the game without these cars?

vilvoh

Perhaps he means why aren't they included in the official release... ???

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

That's how I read it, too.

In that case... Reply: it's an addon.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

gauthier

okay ... now I understand :D
currently it's an addon, and I have many improvements to do on it ... but for the moment I draw what I have the time to draw and I'm currently developping the French stuff addon ;)

mark

Hello,

My maglev stops don't accept any passengers or goods.
Can someone help me to solve this problem?

And another strange thing: al stations have a capacity of 32.

Mark

Fuzzy Peach

Quote from: mark on April 22, 2010, 12:26:40 PM
Hello,

My maglev stops don't accept any passengers or goods.
Can someone help me to solve this problem?

Mark

The Maglev stops work so that the graphics will stay consistent. You have to add extension building.

Václav

Quote from: mark on April 22, 2010, 12:26:40 PM

All? It is strange. Where do you see capacity 32 (this gives hint you found only Gauthier's ones*)? Because may it be you see it in menu.

* If I am not wrong, there are still only two sets of stations for maglev - by Gauthier and by me (regardless of I prepared it only for building in underground - download here; archive contain also source files). If I remember right, Gauthier's stations are for passengers and also for freight trains. So it is very strange.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

gauthier

I had some problems with dat files of my stations, I forgot to set level too but I fixed that.

Wait a minute, I'm goind to post a corrected release for stations and station extensions.

EDIT : download here ;)
=> http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:correctedsnfosstations.rar

jap train fan

http://files.filefront.com/vehiclemagneticpak/;13655760;/fileinfo.html
this link goes to a message saying

File is Unavailable.
The file you are attempting to download is not currently available on our servers or is being processed. Please try your download in a few minutes.

i tried a hour ago it didn't work
tried now it didn't work
where can i get the upgrades to the vechicles

still the same message

merged -- VS

gauthier

filefront is a big piece of sh** ... It deleted my account for a while and witheout any reason, and many files have been removed. I'm going to upload all MLM dev. on the SNFOS website.

EDIT : links on SNFOS page is updated.
You can download the addon here :
=> http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:mlmdev.rar

jap train fan

thx
appreciated

could we make high speed triple decker maglev to increase capicity
i can't increase my train length or add more train. my system won't work that way

message pops up when i tried to open simutrans. i have Simutrans 102.2.1 with PAK 128 Britian (not sure which version)

FATAL ERROR: obj_reader_t::resolve_xrefs
cannot resolve 'GOOF-Holz
PRESS ANY KEY

problems with the vehicle.magnetic.pak
when i delete it its ok

merged 4 messages -- VS

gauthier

Normally fixed. Download again.
I retired the wrong uranium ore view for bulk cars and I added uranium ore and uranium goods in the file since they come from a nuclear power plant addon and I made uranium cars ... So the game crashed because it couldn't find uranium good.

jap train fan

THX

same problem again downloaded it again
could you give me a new link or something with the working copy plz

and the steps of how to do it plz

maybe without uranium goods and maglevs it will be better

Mod warning: please do not make multiple posts in a row, edit your last comment instead (here is not a chat, it's a forum), and avoid acronyms. Please, read the forum rules.
~Igor, Administrator

gauthier

it's a very strange problem ... since I'm not a devlopper I can't really guess the cause of this problem ... maybe a devlopper can help ?
I will upload it again witheout any uranium stuff.

jap train fan

could i get the new link please as soon as possible
i know we live 9 hours apart
i really love trains and maglevs and can't wait to use it

gauthier

sorry, I ate just after my last post, I forgot to do that  ;D
I take care of it right here.

jap train fan

thanks gauthier
um gauthier its not working i tried all your steps its not working
why can't i send emails

gauthier

you have to request PM here.
=> http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=4996.0;topicseen

With what pak are you playing ? (leave a screenshot if you're not sure of the exact name)

jap train fan

using
simutrans 102.2.2 - stable released in march (it says beta version on the opening credits of the game even though i downloaded the stable version)
with
Pak 128 Britian 1.07

The Hood

The problem is because the MLM pak is designed for pak128 not pak128.Britain.  These are different paksets and have different goods types.  Your error is because pak128.Britain doesn't have the goods type "Holz" which is in pak128 and by the looks of things is in gauthier's MLM.  There is a solution:

1) get makeobj
2) get pak128
3) from the command line run "makeobj extract goods.all.pak" (or whatever pak128 goods pak is called).
4) copy the file goods.Holz.pak into the pak128.Britain directory.
5) it should work now.

gauthier

holz and other goods too :D MLM dev. uses all pak128 goods.

I remember about very nice maglevs designed for pak128 britain.

jap train fan

i got it too but it only goes up to around 500km/h or something. Yours go faster
it works
thanks the hood and gauthier

jap train fan

very crazy
do you think it would be good to make them faster than a plane and make them have no tracks.
in other words a flying maglev like harry potter
that would be cool

edit:maybe i am a bit too imaginative

gauthier

It's physically impossible  ;)
... why not make a supersonic plane ?  :o
(in pak128 you have the Concorde, 2170 km/h ;) but dramatically expensive ...)

jap train fan

there isn't one for pak 128 britian
i could add it in
thanks anyway

gauthier

pak128 Britain has much less graphics than pak128 you know ... If you want to have a big choice in vehicles, ways, etc ... you have to play the basic pak128.

jap train fan

i actually have it but don't want to start a new game.
do you think that it would be good to copy pak 128 in pak 128 britian or would it be too confusing
i'm am in school the website is unblocked i wonder why ???

The Hood

If you are using pak128.Britain already and want to use concorde or other planes, just copy the relevant plane vehicles pak files into the pak128.Britain folder.  This way you won't break your save.

jap train fan

um gauthier how do i make tha maglev cost effective to run i'm running it between cities with one or two stops in each city
thankyou the hood

gauthier

what do you mean by "making the cost effective" ?
If you want something profitable, it's normally very very easy to do with MLM dev.