News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

New all in one package for Windows [NEW VERSION: 0.2 - 30 Aug 2009]

Started by jamespetts, August 23, 2009, 06:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

A new easy to install all-in-one package for Simutrans-Experimental is now available: download it us (site down, do not visit) ]/Simutrans-Experimental-Complete.zip]here.

It consists of a .zip file, containing the Windows version of Simutrans-Experimental version 6.6 (GDI) and Pak128.Britain-Ex version 0.2. If you are new to Simutrans, or are not experienced at using computers, this is the easiest way to try out Simutrans-Experimental. Please note that Pak128.Britain-Ex 0.2 is an early preview, and is not complete in its features (it is currently missing all aircraft, boats and many road goods vehicles, although the latter are currently in progress: see here). It is also not fully tested. However, it will not get to be tested until people test it, so please do not be discouraged from trying it for that reason.

To install it: (1) download the .zip archive from the link above; (2) extract all the files into a convenient directory; and (3) double-click the Simutrans-Experimental.exe file to run it.

If you are new to Simutrans (or Simutrans-Experimental), you will find that the in-game help (click on the "?" icon in the top left hand corner of windows, or on the menu at the top) can be very helpful. About three-quarters of the help texts have been rewritten to make them more user-friendly and to take account of the differences between Simutrans-Standard and Simutrans-Experimental, although some older help texts still remain.

Anyone having install problems, please post a question in this thread (rather than, for example, sending me a private message) as answers given in public (and all in a convenient place) can help other people.

Any feedback on this package (and Simutrans-Experimental and Pak128.Britain-Ex in general) would be very much appreciated.

Edit: 30th of August 2009 Updated to refer to version 0.2, which contains Simutrans-Experimental 6.6 instead of 6.5, and Pak128.Britain-Ex 0.2 instead of 0.1.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

For faster downloads, and no need to enter text:
http://files.[ simutrans [dot] us (site down, do not visit) ]/files/get/G5TDrjlQ3i/simutrans-experimental-complete.zip

:)

jamespetts

Thank you very much!

Edit: I have now updated the original post to link to the files stored on Isaac's FTP server - thank yo again Isaac :-)

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

Update: Version 0.2 of Simutrans-Experimental-Complete is now available: see the modified download link in the first post.

dannyman

Hello,

The Britain 1.03 has some bug fixes I'd like in SimuTrans-ex, Britain 0.2:

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=2761.0

Can I just install the Britain 1.03?  And then maybe bring in the 19th-century set from Simutrans-ex?  Thanks!

-danny

The Hood

You can install pak128.Britain 1.03, but as that is a standard pakset it won't have most of the SimEx features.  pak128.Britain.Experimental 0.2 should have those, and all of the bugfixes in standard 1.03, but there may still be a few glitches to iron out (I'm full time on the standard version, so don't know too much about the experimental one). 

As for the 19th-century set from simutrans-experimental, that is tile size 64, so it won't work with the 128x128 size of pak128.Britain...