News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Map rotation problems

Started by Colin, September 01, 2008, 03:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

I think this may be a major bug. After rotating the map and then rotating it back to it's normal position, I get a message, "Map not saveable in 'Rotation'. (Wording may be a bit different)

After closing game and trying to restart I get the following message.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

whoami

Can you provide a savegame where that can be reproduced? If not, then simu.log may give us some more information.
Which ST revision do you use?

Colin

Quote from: whoami on September 01, 2008, 07:59:52 AM
Can you provide a savegame where that can be reproduced? If not, then simu.log may give us some more information.
Which ST revision do you use?

I could send you a save game but all you'll get is what I've put on the screen below. If I go to an earlier save, before the rotation problem it will work ok. All the save games are only 1kb so there is no information in them. I lost about 5 hours work.  :( :(

I don't appear to have a log file, I've looked in all the usual places where it used to be but unless the title has changed I don't have one.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

whoami

The savegames are broken, so the error that shows up is not the original one. A rotation bug may be the root cause for this, but there can also be other reasons.

DirrrtyDirk

What version did it happen with?

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

wipi35

Quote from: Colin on September 01, 2008, 08:27:43 AM
I lost about 5 hours work.  :( :(

Didn't you set the autosave option? That would prevent such a loss.

prissi

Well the old fish_swarm is know to cause this.

Colin

Quote from: prissi on September 01, 2008, 08:23:09 PM
Well the old fish_swarm is know to cause this.

@Prissi This may well be the problem. I have 4 Fish Swarms linked together. I'll remove them and see what happens.

@wipi35 Yes I do, it saves every month.

@DirrtyDirk PAK64-100 r1956-r1986

@Whoami The only log file I have is the svn.log. I didn't see it before because the .log was hidden. There's only one line it anyway, because there is no 'save' to give info about.

Thought for the day

DirrrtyDirk

About the missing log-file..

I almost don't dare to ask... but did you remember to start with "-log 1 -debug" for that?

Colin

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on September 01, 2008, 11:48:05 PM
About the missing log-file..

I almost don't dare to ask... but did you remember to start with "-log 1 -debug" for that?

I almost don't dare answer.

Hey listen!! You're talking to an altziemer ridden, going on senile, old coot here, what the H@*% are you talking about? ;D ;D

Thought for the day

Colin

Prissi, You were right mate. I tried to save with several 'Rotations' and I got the same results. I took out the 'Fish Swarms' did several more rotations tried a save and it worked fine. So it seems that the old problem with the 'Fish Swarms has returned.

Thought for the day

prissi

I twas never fixed, respective I think I did not released the fixed pak64 fish swarm as Artistic licence yet.

Colin

Quote from: prissi on September 02, 2008, 08:42:36 AM
I twas never fixed, respective I think I did not released the fixed pak64 fish swarm as Artistic licence yet.

Playing on. It seems that it occurs when a number of Fish Swarms are linked together. I replaced my four linked ones with four seperate ones and, touch wood, it seems to be ok.

Thought for the day

wipi35

Quote from: Colin on September 02, 2008, 12:31:04 AM
Hey listen!! You're talking to an altziemer ridden, going on senile, old coot here, what the H@*% are you talking about? ;D ;D

Come on Colin, don't flirt with your old-age problems. You're not nearly as old as I am!!  ;D

DirrrtyDirk

Apart from that - it can easily happen, to all of us - regardless of age. Let's just say you changed the .bat file or the windows shortcut and simply forgot to include it...

I know that you are neither stupid nor a newbie - that's why I made such a show of hesitating to ask. But you are still a human being - that's what made me ask nevertheless :D

Colin

Quote from: wipi35 on September 02, 2008, 09:46:22 AM
Come on Colin, don't flirt with your old-age problems. You're not nearly as old as I am!!  ;D

I bow to your superior wisdom. I've always respected my elders.

Thought for the day

Colin

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on September 02, 2008, 05:22:07 PM
Apart from that - it can easily happen, to all of us - regardless of age. Let's just say you changed the .bat file or the windows shortcut and simply forgot to include it...

I know that you are neither stupid nor a newbie - that's why I made such a show of hesitating to ask. But you are still a human being - that's what made me ask nevertheless :D

That's ok Dirk, I understand, truly I do. :-*

I must find out why the extensions aren't being shown. I only have the one batch file (svn) the extension is not shown, but the contents consist of just one line. I've seen the troubleshooting log before, so I know it contains a lot of information.

Anyhow the problem solved, at least to my satisfaction. If Prissi wants to bring out a fix well that's ok too.

Thought for the day