News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

r1986 - Some convoy of old games jump out before and cause dead-lock

Started by z9999, September 01, 2008, 04:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

z9999

simutrans r1986 GDI

When I load the savegame which was saved in v100.0, some convoy jump out before and cause dead-lock.

z9999

Another one.

By the way, some wagons keep wrong position after loading.
But I can't make a test case yet.

prissi

Well, now the laoding routine will not touch convois, thus their length will be wrong until reaching a station.

z9999

Thank you.

Quote from: prissi on September 01, 2008, 08:24:06 PM
Well, now the laoding routine will not touch convois, thus their length will be wrong until reaching a station.

Does this mean that their length will be corrected when reaching a station ?

It was true, if the station was terminal and the direction of vehicle was changed.
But if the station was through station, its length was never changed when reaching a station.

I attached a new test game which was saved in v100.0.
This has two problems.
- The long convoy will not collect their length when reaching a station.
- The short convoy, which is not short but is short because there is a signal front of depot, will not correct their number of wagons when reaching a station.

Is this an another problem ?

prissi

Yes, this is true, but nevertheless difficult to fix consitently. I will think about this though.

z9999

Tested in r1990. The last problem seems to be solved. Thank you.

EDIT: When I load the game in r1990, many overtaking train problem happenes.
So, this fix maght be not good.

And the other problem happened.

If I save the game when convoi is on diagonal track, spaces between wagons will be broken.

prissi

Reservations were not restored, and the position fix was also done during saving. Check with nightly please.

z9999

Thank you. Tested in r1991.

Reservation problem is solved.
But saving problem is still there.

In r1991, when I click "save" button, spaces between wagons wasn't broken. (Good)
But when I load this saved game, spaces between wagons was broken. (Bad)

z9999

It's working well in r1992. Thank you.

One problem is, as yoshi wrote in another topic, if I set "diagonal_multiplier=512", the vehilce movement on diagonal tracks is not smooth. (Like a billiard)

prissi

z9999