News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

ROADS REPLACEMENT PROJECT

Started by Fabio, September 08, 2009, 09:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

Timothy had some method for drawing roads that were wide enough...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

uci

Quote from: fabio on April 28, 2011, 11:46:23 AM
Road too narrow: in a way it's a feature more than a bug.
I see, but is hard for me to get used with it.

Quote from: fabio on April 28, 2011, 11:46:23 AM
White stripe: is it also unzoomed?
Appears also when unzoomed.

Related with this topic is the old behaviour of vehicles when reaching a waypoint placed on a diagonal segment (see sequence).

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: uci on April 28, 2011, 12:22:48 PM
Related with this topic is the old behaviour of vehicles when reaching a waypoint placed on a diagonal segment (see sequence).

That's nothing we can fix in the pakset, I'm afraid.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Václav

And I found something what is not good feature but it is not true bug - shape of tunnels.

Shape of tunnels used for roads of speed 90 km/h and up is surely good - but it does not fit to age before year 1990 or so (later). So I suggest to make for those roads two or more shape types of tunnels what would appear in different times.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

arnoud

I found 2 bugs both in graphic
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/830/simscr17.png/
On the right there are grow trees in asphalt.
The tunnel that is used is the 110 speed is correct but the image is of a add-on, when lay on the ground it give only 60km/h.
but if I use the underground mode it takes the correct image

but overall nice roads

sdog

just had a chance to see them in the nightly, those roads look brilliant!

Václav

Quote from: arnoud on July 21, 2011, 07:09:12 AM
On the right there are grow trees in asphalt.

The tunnel that is used is the 110 speed is correct but the image is of a add-on, when lay on the ground it give only 60km/h.
but if I use the underground mode it takes the correct image
The first bug you call is in game, itself, not in road. Try to kill trees on slopes behind road and all will be right.

And if I am not wrong in my thought about what you think, that it is in game too - because (backward) enter tiles of tunnels take form of road on what it is built - but you can do following: in layer view use tunnel building and re-cover tunnel road inside itself. It will correct image of enter tiles.
And if I am wrong, then it is needed to prepare picture where it will be highlighted - and where will be visible difference between layer view and underground view.

Quote from: sdog on July 22, 2011, 09:50:11 PM
just had a chance to see them in the nightly, those roads look brilliant!
All you need is to download latest nightly - from here because they were included some time ago - as new official roads

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on July 23, 2011, 06:23:51 AM
All you need is to download latest nightly - from here because they were included some time ago - as new official roads

He did. He said he saw them in the nightly.

arnoud

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on July 23, 2011, 11:52:22 AM
He did. He said he saw them in the nightly.
No this is the test version but I didn't have time to look after downloading. Now I've time but it's already fixed

Václav

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: arnoud on July 23, 2011, 12:59:00 PM
No this is the test version but I didn't have time to look after downloading. Now I've time but it's already fixed

And I was talking about sdog, not you, since he is who was quoted by Vaclav.  ;)

sdog

oops... i think i should be less ambigous in my postings, sorry Vaclav.

arnoud

I'm sorry I don't read careful enough

INJMVO

Here are the empty icons you asked for Fabio
(icon and cursor image)
bit late perhaps but I was busy with school.

greenling

Sorry goves a update form the Simutransnightly?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Fabio

Hi all,
finally a bugfix release.

link removed

Changelog:

- new icon for elevated
- cursor with amber outline
- diagonals bugfixes
- 200 km/h elevated fixed
- gravel and dirt roads alignment
- stripe in 90, 110 and 130 km/h now is player color
- added way=road_xxx parameter in dats

NOT done (maybe in future):
- new tunnel portals
- larger diagonals for dirt and gravel roads
- fence on 50 km/h and 40 km/h tunnels entrance

Known issues
- elevated climbing a slope miss a corner of their safety fence (unfixable due to 128*128 px limit)

Unfortunately the sources come in 2 files (1 summer + 1 winter), they need to be split for SVN server.

EDIT: changelog edited

mod note: all bug reports merged in the present thread ~Fabio

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I must admit - I hadn't played Simutrans in a good while... but when I randomly stumbled across this thread a few days ago, I've been playing again. These are really really really fantastic.

I've always been a road player anyway, as most probably know... hehe. These are truly awesome.

greenling

fabio
the new road what you hate be make looks very good out!
I Try too make a Photo from the old and the news Road.
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Václav

VS, use Opera - if you have it. I found that with Chrome, FF (6) and also IE it does not run.
... with Opera pages are displayed - but nothing downloaded.

greenling

VS
What´s for a Internetbroser do you use?

Fabio

Quote from: fabio on August 30, 2011, 02:30:37 PM
Hi all,
finally a bugfix release.

Changelog:

- new icon for elevated
- cursor with amber outline
- diagonals bugfixes
- 200 km/h elevated fixed
- gravel and dirt roads alignment
- stripe in 90, 110 and 130 km/h tunnel is now player color
- added way=road_xxx parameter in tunnel dats

NOT done (maybe in future):
- new tunnel portals
- larger diagonals for dirt and gravel roads
- fence on 50 km/h and 40 km/h tunnels entrance

Known issues
- elevated climbing a slope miss a corner of their safety fence (unfixable due to 128*128 px limit)

Unfortunately the sources come in 2 files (1 summer + 1 winter), they need to be split for SVN server.

I finally uploaded the files to my hosting.

Here's the test pak:

http://public.gonella.eu/simutrans/roads/ROADS-1_0-pak.zip

And here's the sources (including Gimp master file):

http://public.gonella.eu/simutrans/roads/ROADS-1_0-src.zip

dominickwan

In the 130km/h and 200km/h roads,
when i zoom out, there're some fault lines at the edge of the tiles.
is there any problem about this?

Václav

Answer would be easier when based on screenshot - but it may be issue of zooming, not graphics, itself - because inside zooming graphics are a little damaged.

dominickwan

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on November 19, 2011, 04:38:20 PM
Answer would be easier when based on screenshot - but it may be issue of zooming, not graphics, itself - because inside zooming graphics are a little damaged.

Just like this one. The 130km/h road doesn't fit when zoomed out

Václav

It is what I spoke about - it is very common issue. It is on all ways (not only roads) - in various zoom levels.

MHD

One thing I noticed for the 40 and 50 km\h road with pavement:

There is a black line around the pavement from several sides. This one can badly interact with electrification of the road, since the chosen colour is almost the same as the electrification cable.
Maybe a change of colour would separate it from electrification. (Since these road pieces can neighbor to other roads, that line looks sometimes bit strange, especially in the curves, where it disappears in the middle of the curve).

Just look on the picture, the arrow shows the interaction...

sdog

that's the shadow line?
perhaps it could be dithered where it curves, to blend it in better. that alone might already help to make it more distinctive from catenary. (it'd look less solid).

The interference of catenary and sidewalk remains, even when the line would be lightened, perhaps moving the catenary lines two pixels might help much better? (that troleybus-like-tram-hack catenary is work in progress?)

Fabio

The shadow line is the same as in the old cityroad.
Of course it might be improved (especially with AntiAliasing, but I don't see it as a priority ATM.
Thanks anyway, I will consider it...

MHD

The tram catenary is work in progress, I will put in online tomorrow. Changing the position isn't easy, because the catenary of the multiple tiles should fit to each other and have to fit to the road vehicles. It surely would be easier to change the shadow. Interference of both details is also due to the similar colour.
But I agree with fabio, that it is a small detail with lower priority...so I go on to make the last optimizations on the system to be able to publish tomorrow  :)

Fabio

MHD,

pantograph should be as large as 4-6 px at least, so it should be able to go 1-2 px to left or right empyrically...

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Before I start trying to see if I can make yellow-stripe versions, I just wanted to make sure that wasn't in the works, by chance... :)

Fabio

Nope, you can do it!
As a piece of advice, you can start from here: http://simutrans.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/simutrans/pak128/base/roads_src/way-road-01.xcf.bz2?view=log
After you open it in Gimp, just replace the layer named "STRIPE" with your own stripes and everything should be ok.

If you export the file as way-road-01.png and the snow version (toggle "SNOW" layer) as way-road-02.png you should be able to compile them using this dat here: http://simutrans.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/simutrans/pak128/base/roads_src/way-road.dat?view=log.

tonu

Hi! I've been playing Simutrans for years (not always, sometimes I don't play for months), now I started playing after some months and I actualized the game. I found these amazing new roads, so congratulations to the authors, the elevated ways solved some problems in my actual game (I started in 1900 and now I'm in 2038, so things have grown a lot), but I notice a few bugs that I marked in this screenshot:

1 and 4: pillar obstruct road
2 and 3: pillar over vehicle

Fabio

Hello and welcome! They are known issues. Those elevated are not designed to fit there. The trade off is between variety and versatility. So I made some elevated which can be drawn over other roads and other which are not supposed to.
50 km/h and 130 km/h are. The other can, but at the price of these glitches.
The solution would be to paint them all like the said 2, but then we lose graphical variety. I'm sorry, this is basically the limit where we can push the pakset to... :(