News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

vehicle click to gain money

Started by Krisztian, September 08, 2009, 04:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krisztian

for who this is? ----> vehicle click to gain money
By Krisztian

Maragil

H./

Combuijs

There is a Prague savegame around which has been modelled more or less true to life (but without any convois). One of its busses had a negative price for buying, so it provided a way to get money. It was used to let people play that usually don't use freeplay, as it initially brought a huge loss.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Fabio

seems a bit tricky-- wouldn't it be easier to play -freeplay?  ???

Krisztian

I received this in spring yet a Japanese simutrans from a player and I deleted it accidentally is not because of this I do not know his playful name
By Krisztian

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: Combuijs on September 08, 2009, 05:04:39 PM
There is a Prague savegame around which has been modelled more or less true to life (but without any convois). One of its busses had a negative price for buying, so it provided a way to get money. It was used to let people play that usually don't use freeplay, as it initially brought a huge loss.

Thank you very much for explaining. :)

LNBC

That is a HongKongese vehicle Pak for getting extra money by buying and selling it.
For sure, the cost of the Vehicle has its negative value.
(Since I have tested that-and rolled out the Training Bus (for Pak 64,HK Local only) for similar function.
But I believe nobody would like it as it sounded somehow "cheating stuff". So I dropped that from the package I provided in this site.)

However, since Simutrans has provided with freeplay mode,
I am not so pleased to use them. (However, I would likely to use it if the freeplay mode fails=when the "on-loan" pop-up appears.)

Also, that's another Japanese Warship Pak in Pak 128 providing somehow the same function alike the moneybag-I wonder it will gain money by dismantle its steely body (or Selling the ship!)

PS The Training Bus I created is actually possess a running cost of 500+ credit/km.
(It sounded the Reality-the bus-captain trainer doesn't come cheap.)

stevenlim84

I remember what you talking LNBC. The Hong Kong version of that money getting bus is a bag of money. It can bring you a lot of money. Also, as a bus, it can travel on roads. I like it to be appeared in simutrans again since I think all people living in Simuworld will crazy to chase that bus.

I lost that pak during upgrading my computer. I think it is good idea to upload it to the forum and let the player decide if it is good to use it in their world.

colonyan

I understand for those seek easy play must play under -freeplay.

But some players would want to play normally and could be in situation where need money urgently to
stay out of red. For that purpose, since game provides no loan, that negative bus idea was fine.
It serve as cheat in normal mode. Ah by the way, Im not suggesting game to have loan.

EDIT: easier reading

MHD

Hi on. In the time, I made the savegame, neither Edit-Mode nor freeplay existed in Simutrans.
For this, it was necessary to add this vehicle. Anyway, the file alread existed, so I simply left it.

The second thing was, that the most of the scenario construction was owned by player.

The new, bigger and better scenario, I work on now since beginning of 2009 doesn't need this goodie anymore.
Cause Simutrans got better :-)

Oliver

P.S. Due to editing in public mode, now one will be able to choose to play free or realistic

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: MHD on November 18, 2009, 05:55:20 PM
Hi on. In the time, I made the savegame, neither Edit-Mode nor freeplay existed in Simutrans.

Are you sure? -freeplay is a very old feature... it was already available in the oldest version I still have on my harddisk (86.03.2, from June 2005)... did you really start on the savegame earlier than that?

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Combuijs

Quote(86.03.2, from June 2005)

Freeplay exists at least from version 81.1 from september 2002. Will be probably much older.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

MHD

Guess, I didn't know that, those days. I started with 99.1 I guess.

Anyway, I don't use that "vehicle" anymore.

LNBC

Quote from: MHD on November 18, 2009, 05:55:20 PM
The new, bigger and better scenario, I work on now since beginning of 2009 doesn't need this goodie anymore.

My buddy, the freeplay mode is still there, but you need to switch it on
after the Simutrans starts up. (System>Player>Freeplay mode)
[I wondered before when I have started the new game by using -freeplay command in DOS mode,
it returned "you were running on loan" during my first railway line opened.]

PS I wonder again, if the bag of money appeared in our Chinese NEW YEAR parade.
(But don't tell me if it did happen so. It sounded crazy, even just showing as a parade vehicle.)