News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

A Thank You To The Developers

Started by davidh, September 10, 2009, 07:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidh

I'd like to send a special thank you to the Simutrans developers. Not only for your hard work in developing such a fantastic game; but also for your patience and understanding in the face of all the questions, queries, issues and requests that get posted in the Forums.

I've worked in software development of one sort or another for most of my career and I know how disheartening it can get sometimes where people try to pick holes in your lovely code. The fact that you all maintain a cheerful disposition despite what we throw at you is fantastic.

I'd just like to add a hank you to James for all the work he's being doing on the experimental version. I don't know if he's done all the work himself, it does look that way from what I've read in the forum. If there are other developers working on that branch then please accept my thanks too.

Thanks guys.

David

colonyan

Yes, I agree so much.
They sacrifice their free time. They deserve regular praise righteously.
I will borrow this place to say thanks to all developper, current or previous.
Not only developper but also to side admin and related persons I don't know too much
how many person there are exactly...

dannyman

+1

You guys are great, and if any of you are in New York City, I'd happily buy you a beer!  (Or you can crash in our guest room if you are traveling. ;)

daffi

Thanks too...
This is the best, you're the best.
Any time you visiting Indonesia...
I'd like to get you a desk full of traditional indonesian food...

jamespetts

Have only just noticed this thread and the reference to me - thank you for the thought, David! I haven't done all the work myself - others such as Knightly and Bernd Gabriel (and others) have done much of it, and they deserve much praise, too. I am also very grateful to the very helpful people who "pick holes" in my (not so) "lovely code" - the people who find bugs and (even better) suggest fixes make a very big difference between them to the quality of the game by spotting problems that I'd never find in a month of Sundays, and find solutions that might take me a long time to get around to. Whilst I do enjoy coding Simutrans-Experimental, I'm not the most proficient C++ author in the world, and appreciate all the coding help that I can get!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.