News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Polish city names

Started by jasiu, September 03, 2008, 06:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasiu

In polish version the city names are very repetitive. I can provide a list of names with suffixes that will always work - but I don't know how to put it into Simutrans and what is the limit of name parts (I found around 160 of them ;))

prissi

Well the names are made from two random parts. These are "%0_CITY_SYLL" to "%F_CITY_SYLL" for the first part and "&0_CITY_SYLL" to "&F_CITY_SYLL" for the second part. 16+16 parts are needed. (And after 256 towns, the names will repeat.)

whoami

It depends on the pak-set whether there is a list of non-generated city names for the language. Pak64 has included those files for a long time.

For Pak128: Only this week, I re-added the citylist_*.txt files back to Pak128, but they are in simutrans\pak128\text\citylists (because some files are broken, although the Polish one may be OK - I can't check the spelling). With a recent build of Pak128 (e.g. rev.75), just copy/move simutrans\pak128\text\citylists\citylist_pl.txt to simutrans\pak128\text, and Simutrans will use them in the future.

Alternatively (also applies to all the other pak-sets): the files from Pak64 can also be used, just copy the files simutrans\pak\text\citylist_*.txt to simutrans\<pak-dir>\text.

@jasiu: If the Polish syllable list for city names needs to be improved, then suggestions will be helpful. It's principally possible to enter them here, but it's really preferable to talk to a translator for Polish, or to post a list here.

Actually, all of this applies to all languages.

jasiu

OK, so here it is:
Beginnings:
Adam
Jank
Sławk
Piotr
Lw
Tur
Sokoł
Żuk
Jabłonk
Wrzos
Brzoz
Grab
Tarn

Czarn
Polan

Endings: (I know they all start with o/ó but this way it'll always sound realistic)

ów
owo
owice
owiczki
owe
owa   
owskie
owiec
owiany
owizna
owszczyzna
owska Wola