News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

New trucks: the kind that pull trailers

Started by martin, September 08, 2009, 08:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin

I've made some "new" trucks [tractors; the kind that pull trailers (or whatever they should be called...)]
1) based on a Zil 130
2) based on a Volvo F88
This is a first version. Both are in playercolour have no constraints and should be properly aligned.
Included in the zip files: .png .dat and the .pak-file
Improvements / graphic glitches etc are welcome  :)

EDIT  21-10-2009: Removed Volvo .png and .zip.  New versions of these files in post #6 of this thread.

IgorEliezer

Welcome back sir.

As always, bringing us some good stuffs. 8)

Maragil

Quote from: martin on September 08, 2009, 08:19:13 PM
I've made some "new" trucks [tractors; the kind that pull trailers (or whatever they should be called...)]
1) based on a Zil 130
2) based on a Volvo F88
This is a first version. Both are in playercolour have no constraints and should be properly aligned.
Included in the zip files: .png .dat and the .pak-file
Improvements / graphic glitches etc are welcome  :)

They are called Tractor Units :)

H./

VS

Wow, nice! Somehow I remembered you as the guy who paints huge trucks, so this is an interesting change...

And welcome back! :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

martin

Thanks for welcoming me back 8)  I've not really been away, just had very little time...

Now to the trucks: big trucks are a bit easier to create. There are more pixels to work with and thus more opportunities to make them look the way you want. These smaller ones were a bit more challanging. Also modern trucks are bigger then those produced 30 to 40 years back... Maybe I should try trailers; lots of pixels :)

micslu

Martin, thanks for the trucks!
Your big Volvos and Scanias are my standard long-distance road carriers.
I think a lot of us will be looking forward to the trailers.

martin

I've reworked the Volvo F88. I had some doubts about the colors being a bit off... I think this version is a lot better  8).

Also for those interested a brand new 20ft container trailer

Martin

martin

And yet another tractor. This time the MAN 19.332
Hope you all like them and as allways: comments are welcome.

Martin

martin

The latest addition: a 40ft container trailer. Double the size; double the goods....

Martin

vilvoh

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

DirrrtyDirk

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Isaac Eiland-Hall