News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

a special request: DHL set

Started by RDinger, September 24, 2009, 10:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDinger

Hello there!

First of all, I don't think this is the right forum for it, so please excuse me for that.
I'm playing simutrans for a couple of months now and I really like it. Great game, but you'll know that, right... ;)
In real life I work for DHL Express, and I was wondering if someone could create a new vehicle set (with a van, truck and airplane)of DHL. I don't have the knowledge to do so (I'm not really good with that kind of programs). I can provide you with pictures and specifics if you need them. The vehicles are supposed to be mail, and for the truck both mail and crates. If anyone knows someone who wants to do this, or wants to this himself, feel free to contact me with a PM.
Hope someone of you great editors will find this a nice challenge to take on. I will be very gratefull!!
Plz let me know!
Regards!
RDinger

Fabio

Welcome to the forum!
Have you any preference about the pakset for which you would like to have the set?
(64, 96 or 128)

vilvoh

I think there's a 128 pak made made by Zeno with DHL livery, and there're several container wagons in pak64 freightliner sets (pak64 addons board) There's a road train ( truck Kenworth_KC104B) with DHL livery for pak64 too.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

RDinger

Thnx for the replies!

Since I only play the pak128 set, it would be convenient if it was created in the pak128 set. :)

To Vilvoh:
Do you remember the links these sets were available for download? I checked the official (??) website for these addons but I couldn't find them.
(www.addons.simutrans.com)

But what I'm looking for is a new DHL set for the mail (to represent the courier part of DHL) and if it is possible, with the dutch vehicles used by DHL in The Netherlands.

vilvoh

Well, they've not been uploaded to the official repository yet. There're only available at the forum..I'm not able to find Zeno's DHL planes, but the graphics are dones, as you can see here

Ok, wait a minute. Maybe you can find them at Plane pak topic.

Anyway, if you provide some links or images perhaps somebody can paint something. We're always open to suggestions.. ;D

Zeno

You can find the planes here. But there's only one in DHL colors: the A300-600F in mail and goods versions.

vilvoh

I've been searching for images about DHL vehicles, and this might be a possible list of candidates for this set..

Trucks & Vans

• Iveco 430
  • Mack DHL
  • Man DHL
  • Mercedes Benz Actros 2543
  • Mercedes Benz Actros
  • Mercedes Benz Sprinter
  • Mercedes Benz Actros V8
  • Nissan Electric
  • Post Van
  • Delivary truck
  • Ford AreoMax

Planes & helicopters

• Boeing Bell 206
  • Airbus A350-900F
  • DHL ballon

Trains

• Large single container
  • Medium double container
  • Small triple container

I'll see If I can paint some of them, but I don't promise anything.. :)

RDinger

Thanks guys! I found the airplanes! Besides the DHL versions, it contained also other nice planes!

To Vilvoh:
If you can do that, that would be great! Only a few of those would do the job (The sprinter and a large truck, for example)

Again, Thanks a lot for the help!

vilvoh

This might be the first item of the set: a depot... ;D

RDinger

Hey!
That looks neat! Nice job! Can you upload it or is it just the design?

Regards!

DirrrtyDirk

The logo needs to be ... "de-mirrored" on 2 views, I'd say...

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

vilvoh

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on October 04, 2009, 07:06:52 PM
The logo needs to be ... "de-mirrored" on 2 views, I'd say...

I know, but I'm too lazy... :P

I'll upload the "de-mirrored" version soon.