News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

DAT Files of Bridges

Started by macwinux, October 02, 2009, 02:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macwinux

Is there anyone of you who knows how to extract or get the DAT files on the pak files of bridges in pak128? I need to edit the speed limit on one of the bridges specifically the concrete bridge. Thanks.
Simutrans player from the Philippines.

vilvoh

If it's part of the official pakset, you may suggest the maintainers to change that value. You want to change it because from your point of view it's unbalanced or it's just because you need it for your savegame?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Spike

Quote from: macwinux on October 02, 2009, 02:20:05 AM
Is there anyone of you who knows how to extract or get the DAT files on the pak files

I think there is no official way to create a dat from a pak file. But you can ask the maintainer of the set to send you the file. Even better is what Vilvoh suggested, if you found a problem in the set, rather tell the maintainer and let the change become part of the set so that all players benefit from it.

macwinux

I am trying to edit the bridge because one of my save games has that type of bridge but it's speed limit is low.

Anyway, I will also try to ask if it is possible to increase the speed limit of the concrete bridge to make it closer or identical to the pak64 concrete bridge speed limit (160 kph). Thanks.

DirrrtyDirk

Ok, I don't quite understand...

1) What bridge exactly do you mean - road or rail? If rail: there already is a 160km/h rail bridge. And if road: there's no road with 160km/h speed limit - only 130km/h and 200km/h (and for both speeds there are bridges available...) So I don't really understand why you need a "new" bridge... why don't you just change to a higher speed bridge?

2) The dat file shouldn't be a problem - but it won't help you much without the graphics, would it? ;)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

macwinux

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on October 02, 2009, 10:02:45 AM
Ok, I don't quite understand...

1) What bridge exactly do you mean - road or rail? If rail: there already is a 160km/h rail bridge. And if road: there's no road with 160km/h speed limit - only 130km/h and 200km/h (and for both speeds there are bridges available...) So I don't really understand why you need a "new" bridge... why don't you just change to a higher speed bridge?

2) The dat file shouldn't be a problem - but it won't help you much without the graphics, would it? ;)

Rail bridge actually... the concrete bridge of pak128... I am trying to build an elevated rail line using this bridge (it appears the only bridge that can cater to my needs but its speed limit is low) and using steel covered bridges are impractical and unrealistic. What I am trying to do is to edit the bridge's pakfile and that means editing the file and recompiling it, if that is possible.