News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Extension request: notify the existence of new texts

Started by vilvoh, October 13, 2009, 08:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

Is there any possibility to notify the existence of new texts to active translators through email or RSS feeds?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Frank

E-mail should be easy to make.

RSS no idea, so I do not know me from.

vilvoh

Ok. Email notification it's enough although RSS would be the ideal solution. Other thing, imho, the notification should be weekly or monthly, giving the user the chance to set it up at the profile.

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

z9999+

As far as I saw that RSS, there is no new objects since 2009/02/07.
Is this correct ?

vilvoh

Dwachs

Also there are 'new suggestions' that are identical with the tranlation that is already in the translator.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

sanna

Would it be possible to have the language code of the new suggestions in the rss feed header?

EDIT: Possibly it would be better if the feed took you directly to http://simutrans-germany.com/translator/script/has_suggestion.php instead of the main page... And possibly it would be better with one feed line per suggestion (with link directly to the object). Yes I know that you would have to be logged on for that to work... but after the first try... you would log on, no? Anyway, this is really great just as it is as well. Thank you Frank! *smile*

EDIT2:
Quote from: Dwachs on October 16, 2009, 06:33:24 AM
Also there are 'new suggestions' that are identical with the tranlation that is already in the translator.
Are you referring to suggestions that have already been upgraded to translations? Or are there objects that have a suggestion still present that is identical to the translation? The feed does not contain every edit that is made in SimuTranslator... that would be too much IMHO.

Dwachs

Quote from: sanna on October 16, 2009, 07:21:03 AM
Or are there objects that have a suggestion still present that is identical to the translation?
I think this is the case. See this:
factory - Erzbergwerk in language en - English
http://simutrans-germany.com/translator/script/edit.php?obj_id=32569&version=1&obj_type=
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

sanna

Quote from: Dwachs on October 16, 2009, 10:28:39 AM
I think this is the case. See this:
factory - Erzbergwerk in language en - English
http://simutrans-germany.com/translator/script/edit.php?obj_id=32569&version=1&obj_type=

AFAICT that string has already had the suggestion upgraded to a translation, and therefore there are no longer any suggestion present. If you looka (quickly enough!) at http://simutrans-germany.com/translator/script/edit.php?obj_id=32655&version=1 you can see how it looks when there is a suggestion present. The RSS feed does not contain information on when a suggestion has been upgraded.

Frank

The plan is to update once a day to feed.

To keep the display more compact, I've got everything together into one set belonging. The filter for this but is still not entirely correct.

The entries make for language, a separate feed for it would be possible. Or equal to language-feeds.

The inclusion of acquired / deleted proposals is possible.

As far as the links.

Because we have not even registered users to the feed, I have avoided linking to pages with permission first.

Even the direct jump of the language can be done with the objects.

Frank

RC SimuTranslator global RSS feed

I think the global translator feed is ready. please tested

EDIT

fall back for not show correct language

add ?lang=en to end from link
replace en to your language 

The texts is included in Translator for translating.

ToDo -> sub feeds for sets and languages

vilvoh

skreyola

--Skreyola
You can also help translate for your language with SimuTranslator.

vilvoh