News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Translation of citybuildingnames (pak128)

Started by wipi35, September 06, 2008, 12:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wipi35

As I explained in another topic, my problem is to build the same house next to one already present, using the citybuilding builder .
-With language = English the inspection tool displays only the description and it is nearly impossible to find the same building in the list.
-With language = Dutch there isn't even such a description.
-Displaying objectnames with the inspection tool is not possible AFAIK.

If description and objectnames were more or less identical, it would be easy to identify an existing house and find it back in the list.
I searched for a file where this "translation" is saved so that I could compose it myself. However, couldn't find one.
Is there some way for me to fix this "translation"? 

prissi

This will not help, as this house is then just called "offices" "residential" or "industry".

Well, perhaps somebody finds this important enough. (Although the three categories give a good indication, where to look.)

wipi35

OK, I found Simutranslator and entered as a guest. Made a few entries, by copying the object names in the translation field. These are saved as "suggestions"
Curious what happens now!
Also asked for a login/password.

prissi

wipi35

prissi

PM me:
Real Name
email
desired password
desired username
languages your can translate

Zeno

Quote from: wipi35 on September 06, 2008, 12:46:45 PM
-With language = English the inspection tool displays only the description and it is nearly impossible to find the same building in the list.
There is a column named "Description" in the citybuilding tool window (left tab) that shows you the same description you see when you use the inspection tool... At least it exists in v100.0 w pak128 1.4.3.1-pre, wich I'm using. The bad thing is that this column is unsorted, so finding something there will be a hard work...  :(

Quote from: wipi35 on September 08, 2008, 07:36:56 AM
OK, herewith my request!!!
Nice to see new translation projects starting!!  :D

wipi35

Quote from: Zeno on September 08, 2008, 10:26:47 AM
The bad thing is that this column is unsorted, so finding something there will be a hard work...  :(
That's what I already stated in an earlier post!!! see: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=310.msg2284#msg2284

Zeno

Oh, I see your original request now :P 
I think the easiest way is solve the problem is to show the internal name in the inspection window, but as I have never seen the source code, it's only my point of view; so we'll have to wait for the dev team opinion  ;)
Anyway I think is a good idea, could be helpful in some cases like this one, but another discussion is if more info can be added to the inspection window; I don't know how full is: sometimes too much info in a small window might be confusing, you know.

wipi35

Quote from: Zeno on September 08, 2008, 10:56:24 AM
.........: sometimes too much info in a small window might be confusing, you know.
Completely agree. I'd like to keep it short, maybe something like: House, Skyscraper, Park, etc. followed by passenger/post count and of course the object code in some way.