News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Game stop when clicking tool button

Started by ATE2, October 18, 2009, 04:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATE2

I just downloaded V102.2 (r2786) Windows Native with PAK 128 V1.4.5 and used online installer for installation. The game can start properly. However, when i click on the tool button (no matter it is a rail, road, or special construction), an error message appears and ends the program. Is that anyone having the same problem and how can i solve it? thx

DirrrtyDirk

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

ATE2

i upload my pak set i got after the installation. Can you try to see if anything missing in my set?
http://www.sendspace.com/file/extd37

DirrrtyDirk

Ok, with this pak folder it does crash indeed. Will investigate...

EDIT:

Well... it seems like you have just copied an older pak128 folder completely into the new one. This is not recommended (and you just found out why). Since pak128 file structure was reorganised, you didn't replace most of the files when you copied them, instead you now have many things twice in your pak folder (objects of the same name located in two different files) - and that's what apparently causes the crash. When I removed all files that are not standard pak128 1.4.5 - except for vehicles - (talking about 677 files here) it seemed to work ok again. Now all that remains is to only put those files back again that were addons, and not standard objects. (Or better yet put the addons into a different location: "My Documents\simutrans\pak128") and then choose "Load with Addons" in the pak selection screen. This way, it will not happen again.) Either way you have quite some work to do before it will run correctly with all addons again.

ATE2

I appreciate for your help. I finally can open tool box. However, my save which can load in V101 can't be loaded in V102.2
Here is the pak file i use in V102.2
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9tk9qz
and the save from V101
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xqe8xf

DirrrtyDirk

Hmmm I can only guess, but it seems that there is a problem with a vehicle... was there a vehicle just leaving a depot when you saved that game? At least that's how I interpret the log file (but I'm no expert on that)

Message: convoi_t::laden_abschliessen(): next_stop_index=65535
Message: convoi_t::register_with_line(): (758) 136 registers for 379
Message: convoi_t::laden_abschliessen(): state=DRIVING, next_stop_index=16
Message: convoi_t::register_with_line(): (759) 118 registers for 379
Message: convoi_t::laden_abschliessen(): state=DRIVING, next_stop_index=16
Message: convoi_t::register_with_line(): (760) 111 registers for 379
Message: convoi_t::laden_abschliessen(): state=WAITING_FOR_CLEARANCE, next_stop_index=16
Message: convoi_t::register_with_line(): (761) 109 registers for 572
Message: convoi_t::laden_abschliessen(): state=INITIAL, next_stop_index=16

All I can do is, tell you to try and load the game with the working older version again, wait a few moments and then try saving it again (preferably in a new file, no sense taking risks here) - maybe you're lucky and that one will work in 102.2 then. If not, this is beyond what I can do, and you'd need some member of the Dev team to help you.

ATE2

i opened my save again in the older version, and based on the log file you attached, it looks like that there is a problem with convey number (762), so i just look for it and find out that it is in the train depot <848,646,-1>. When i open the depot window, i saw that there are two trains in the depot. One of them is the locomotive and the other one is the vehicle that has the problem. When i tried to switch convey in the depot window, then the program stops working.

Below is the V101 simutrans file with pak folder in it and try to use the sve attached above, and i hope you will know what i'm talking about
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1vuu1a

DirrrtyDirk

Sounds like this one goes beyond my skills and knowledge. But maybe prissi or one of the other developers can help you there...