News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

trucks jamming

Started by mordisk, November 01, 2009, 02:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mordisk

first post here.

Just started playing this game and thought a good way to start a game was to build a small truck line with coal from the mine to the steel mill.

Starts great, and a nice profit is being made from the beginning. However, all trucks stop running and it seems to be a jam in the loading station. So i thaught this was a small bug, and started over again. Same bug. Again. So I started another game, got the same problem.

How can I make a truck line without jams?

It always seem to look like this.

The Hood

This happens when the steel mill gets full.  To solve it, you need to transport steel away from the steel mill, and keep transporting everything throughout the whole chain to the end consumers, then the steel mill will start needing some more coal again. 

mordisk

Ok. I'll try that. Are you sure, btw? the pic is from the loading station.

The Hood

Quite sure.  If the steel mill is full, the coal mine won't send any more coal to the steel mill, so all your trucks queue up.  If you're doing goods transport, you have to make sure the whole chain is serviced, not just part of it.

DirrrtyDirk

Yes, when the consumer has filled up its storage, there there will be no more demand for that particular good, and so no more of it will be shipped fromk the supplier (not even loaded onto the vehicles). This behaviour is configurable though ("just in time" on/off).

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

sanna

If you let the mouse hover above the first truck (the one that is shown as loaded) you will get at popup window telling you that it is only partially loaded. It is standing there waiting for the demand of coal to pick up again...

PS. Nice to see that someone is playing with the Swedish translation active, I was starting to think I was only translating for my own personal usage. *smile*

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I can also verify that this is the expected behaviour. The truck is partially full because it was being loaded when the receiving factory said, "No more! I'm full!" and production stopped at the sending factory. :)

mordisk

great, I get it now =)

I've just started playing and I'm still thinking TTD. The balance in Simutrans seems a little bit more realistic than TTD!

Thanks for the help!

wipi35

A good solution: multiple loading docks with choose sign.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

If you're anywhere close to a town, be sure to protect your roads :)

I use a private-road sign and lay fence (or plaza, since I'm playing pak96.comic right now) to make sure privatecars don't mess up my layouts :)