News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

removed pages from Translator

Started by Frank, October 19, 2009, 07:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

I think, I remove the page 'Display Not Translated Texts' and the results page 'Not Translated Texts'.

The new page 'Object Guide' included this.

for show: select set pak64, factory and English and klick 'search'

Someone actually uses the page 'List & Reserve Texts'?
That would also remove candidate.

IgorEliezer

'List & Reserve Texts' is useless, IMHO. I use it only to count how many texts I translated. A little stats on my profile showing my productivity is enough.

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

I hesitate if it has ever been used. It's got much more sense when there're a lot of translators working in the same set of words, but right now there aren't many active translators so I support its removal.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

skreyola

I use the page "Display Not Translated Texts" because it is more reliable in giving me the correct results than the Object Guide result page for dropdown "not translated". The latter often gives me unfiltered results even when I specify a filter. Or am I thinking of an old page that has a similar look?
I think one or the other, at least, is needed to help find the texts that need the work.
--Skreyola
You can also help translate for your language with SimuTranslator.

sanna

I also never reserve texts, and would not miss that function.

Could the drop down from the object guide (all, translated, untranslated) be expanded to include also "with suggestions"?

wipi35

Quote from: sanna on October 20, 2009, 03:58:26 AM
I also never reserve texts, and would not miss that function.

Neither do I, so no objection to remove.

Frank

Quote from: sanna on October 20, 2009, 03:58:26 AM
Could the drop down from the object guide (all, translated, untranslated) be expanded to include also "with suggestions"?

yes

EDIT: and added

whoami

Quote from: IgorTekton on October 19, 2009, 08:30:23 PM
'List & Reserve Texts' is useless, IMHO.
The form had been much more useful in the past (on the previous server, Tomas's one), when it provided the (IMO) best method of searching in the DB. Therefore, I used it a lot.
The current "Object Guide" is a replacement for this kind of use, but it doesn't have all the fields the original form had (I forget which ones).