News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Priority through signals

Started by KrazyJay, November 04, 2009, 06:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik

I can't haste it.

Some parts of the code are really clever but some other parts (sorry, but I have it to say) are just ugly.
Also one half is on English, but the other half is on German. This is very frustrating. :-[ Please keep it international and use English.

Ok,that was a little blow out of my frustrations.
Most of it, I can't program it at all.
If I could I had reprogrammed those parts to a more smooth code. I'm just someone who don't like to produce half work.  ;)

jamespetts

The German parts of the code can be understood without too much difficulty with the use of an online translator.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

paco_m

Quote from: Erik on February 05, 2011, 09:46:31 AM
Also one half is on English, but the other half is on German. This is very frustrating. :-[ Please keep it international and use English.

The point is that it was completely in german and the newer parts were added with english variable names so the option was just keeping it in german or moving it slowly towards english name and that's what they are doing. And as jamespett and other non german developers constantly show it is not that miracle to handle it ;)

Erik

I have some fine progress this time. :D
For the biggest part the signal is working well. ;D

I've only one bug left.
A train reserves many block as it could or till his way point.
But actually it has to reserve just 2 blocks at maximum.

I try to understand how the reservation of the blocks works. :P
So if someone has some information about it, even a bit.
It would help me a lot. :)

greenling

Works everyone on this projekt ?
then everyone working please report!
thank´s.

greenling
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Erik

nope, I'm afraid I'm the only one.

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Erik

I'm nearly done with a great thanks to a friend of mine.

The signal is working for the most part.
There is one small bug I'm not able to fix it jet.
But it's also not a really important bug.

Now I'm writing down all the changes and try to make a .patch file.
(Actually two .patch files. One for simutrans engine and one for makeobj)
Jet I don't really know how to make a .patch file.

I lost the source files where I had begun with. :-[
So I've not a good reference point anymore and it's a lot of work to find all the changes back.

This will take a bit more time.

TurfIt

.patch file == diff(erence) file.
svn diff > mypatch.diff
executed in trunk/ will create a patch with all changes between your working copy and your last checked out revision.
If you're not using a command line svn, lookup how to create a diff in your tool's documentation.

Erik

I had already figured it out, but thanks.
It is done.
Here on the attachment the .patchfile.
And also the .pak and .dat file's of the signal.

An_dz

jamespetts

This is an interesting discussion. Thank you, Erik, for working on this patch. As it happens, I am currently in the process of working on some signalling features for Experimental that will, hopefully, produce similar functionality (as well as integrating some more sophisticated functionality relating to braking distances). I should be grateful for feedback on the usefulness of pre-signals in their current form on this thread.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.