News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Bug in wayremover: First tiles ignored

Started by jarauh, September 10, 2008, 12:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarauh

It should be possible to use the "remove" tools for roads and tracks also for neighbouring tiles. Possible applications would be:

Sometimes stations consist of two parallel tracks with station tiles on them. Just before the station, they are connected. Now if I want to enlarge the station, I have to remove one of the tracks first, before I can enlarge the station and connect the parallel tracks at another place.

Also a crossing road may be the reason I want to change the place where two parallel tracks meet.

There are also some obscure reasons where I want to disconnect two roads, for example at large factories: Sometimes it is nice to have some place for the trucks to queue, such that they don't produce a congestion on the roads passing by the factories. If I buy more trucks or if I connect the factory to another factory, it may be necessary to change the road setup leading to the factory, and sometimes it would be very convenient to simply disconnect one road leading to another road.

VS

And how do you handle cases when you disconnected two last tiles and now there are two such tiles; what does the "remover tool" do with them? Do you have to delete this combination twice?

In other words, how do you decide which tiles should be deleted and which disconnected? Propose rules that cover every possible situation, and while thinking about that, I guarantee you'll start thinking differently. IIRC current behaviour is the best compromise.

That's not to say that there isn't some better scheme for this all, if you find it (and code) the better :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

jarauh

Good point. Maybe the following could work:

Normally single road tiles don't exist in simutrans. So clicking on two neighbouring road tiles with the remove tool could disconnect them, and any disconnected single road tile that appears could be removed.

DirrrtyDirk

A single road tile that is connected...? ???

You might want to try explaining this whole thing with some screenshots...

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

jarauh

Ok, I'll try:

Suppose, we have the following roads as in the first attachment.

Clicking on A and B should simply disconnect the roads.

Clicking on B and C should remove C, because if B and C would be disconnected, C would be isolated.

prissi

This is a bug in the wayremover. I changed your topic accordingly and submitted (hopefully) a fix.