News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

replacement for obsolite factory

Started by grampybear, November 26, 2009, 12:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grampybear

Good morning,  I normally play Pak128 with the latest version and thoroughly love the game. I recently tried Pak128Britian-expermintal starting a game in 2000. Shortly after building a supply chain that included iron ore mine, coal mine, steel factory(dated 1950)  and builders supply yard(dated 1985) the steel mill closed taking with it the iron ore and the coal mines but leaving the builders supply yard. Is there a replacement steel mill for year 2000 to supply my abandoned builders yard? 

grampybear

update..Sorry very bad mistake. Builders yard in Pak128 britian doesnot require steel, carry over from Pak 128 but that still leaves me with no steel mill for year 2000.

jamespetts

Grampybear,

thank you for your input. The closing steel mills are intended to represent the de-industrialisation of late 20th century and 21st century Britain; there are a number of heavy industries for which there are not later replacements for that reason. The idea is that one has to adapt one's networks to changing times.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.