News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Upgrade/Downgrade stations

Started by jarauh, September 10, 2008, 12:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarauh

It would be nice if it would be possible to upgrade (or sometimes also downgrade) a station or bus stop, just as it is possible to build a faster track over a slower track.

whoami

You mean, by just placing the new building over an existing one? Count me in, although the stop-mover tool already has made it much easier to replace station buildings.

Stubbsy

yeah, i've always wanted to something like this. Btw what does the Stop-Mover tool do? I've had a little go at it but haven't found out yet. Haven't player for a while.

DirrrtyDirk

Generally spoken: it changes the entry in all schedules and lines that contains stop A to stop B.

Some details have to be observed though (like if you have to click the exact tile or just the platform for it to work - I haven't tried much yet.)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

whoami

(DirrrtyDirk was faster.)

Quote from: Stubbsy on September 10, 2008, 04:22:15 PM
Btw what does the Stop-Mover tool do?
There are already some topics where this is explained. In short: if you have to delete a stop tile, you normally would lose the connections of all lines that attach at that specific tile. The stop mover allows you to keep the connections without interruption and without having to look through all lines to find if the tile is listed in their schedules. Train platforms are handled as a whole (I've been told, haven't tested myself yet).