News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

pak128 graphic animation - start time

Started by ny911, November 21, 2009, 03:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ny911

Hello,

after trying to make a small graphic (2*2 size) with  animation (dat-file animation_time=XX)
for simutrans I wasn't able to find the option to setup the starttime. A building with more then
one field  didn't start the animation at the same time. Only the animation interval is been set.

Is there any way to set up the start-time of the animation?

Using Simutrans 102.2.1-2859 and pak128 1.4.5

vilvoh

Exactly what kind of animation do you want to create?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

ny911

well, the runway lighting at the end/start of the runway.
I tried to make it as extra building (at the moment : land attraction)

The pak-file:
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/building.runway_light.zip

DirrrtyDirk

You're a little late. There's a full new airport runway/taxiway (including animated approach lighting system) already 99.9% done.

EDIT:
But generally you can do it by placing empty animation steps in the beginning of one tile's sequence and the same number at the end of the other tile's sequence.

EDIT2: fixed typo

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

ny911

okay, (sorry to be late  ;) )

but where can I find this "99,9% runway/taxiway" ?

DirrrtyDirk

Currently only on my harddisk. But that will change soon. There's still that 0.1% to do and also I'm waiting for VS to decide how much of it he finally wants in the main pak and what should stay an add-on (as the full lighting thing is still a little complicated to build properly...)

But it's going to be soon, I think.

EDIT:

I've prepared a small preview demo version for people to look at.
Download

ny911

> preview demo
great !!!

in a graphic program I mixed it with extra stuff. What about some follow-me car (not moving)
as a normal building/free area.

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: ny911 on November 23, 2009, 08:12:55 PM
> preview demo
great !!!
Glad you like it. Hope you checked by night as well, since half the magic only happens there...  ;)

Quote from: ny911 on November 23, 2009, 08:12:55 PM
in a graphic program I mixed it with extra stuff. What about some follow-me car (not moving)
as a normal building/free area.
Personally I'd say yes, there is room(maybe even a need) for that. Actually I'd really like to see some of these vehicles and maybe even jet bridges (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_bridge) or something like that. But the vehicles (even if they don't move - and I can't see a way of them moving... other than being animated, that is) have to match pak128 graphic style - which these examples don't, as far as I'm concerned. (But since I think this was just a quick example, not the final look, that's ok.) Anyway, you'd have to talk to VS about this, since he's the big boss where pak128 is concerned. Maybe some of this stuff wouldn't land in the main pak, but if you're doing a good job on it, I'd for sure use the resulting addons.

EDIT: fixed typo

VS

Err, why not? Building airports is already a bit more complicated than other modes of transport, so I don't think people would stop at sight of yet another item :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

DirrrtyDirk

The new airport design, including the animated approach lights and other new lighting equipment*, is now part of pak128 nightly r774 and later.

*) with active timeline these will appear only later in the game (around 1965 or so), and animation sequence might be out of sync when you build it for the first time, but saving and reloading should fix this.

ny911

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on November 30, 2009, 10:33:05 PM
.and animation sequence might be out of sync when you build it for the first time, but saving and reloading should fix this.
;D  That's what I did make wrong on my one try.

I there any special key to select the rotation of the "special_PAPI_stop"?
The storage capacity of all lighting's are quit big in relation to the buildings.

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: ny911 on December 02, 2009, 12:23:08 PM
I there any special key to select the rotation of the "special_PAPI_stop"?
Yes, same as for all extension buildings with more than one rotation: hold CTRL while choosing the building from the menu and you can choose the rotation you want.

Quote from: ny911 on December 02, 2009, 12:23:08 PM
The storage capacity of all lighting's are quit big in relation to the buildings.

Actually, they should have the smallest capacity level there is. You could only (maybe) reach lower numbers by using outdated parameters in the dat files, which I didn't want to do. The good thing is, if you play with the "separate capacities for passengers, mail and goods" feature activated, they won't add to capacity at all, since they're not enabled to handle any of these categories.