News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Work in Progress: Zoo

Started by Diegote, December 08, 2009, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diegote

Hi

I've been working on a zoo (3x3), I have used graphics from graphics.simutrans.com, The fence of the cage of lions is the Timothy's fence edited and the animals from here http://www.fntnhrl.com/portfolio/pixel-zoo/ (Thanks to Fintan, for allow me to use and edit the illustration pixel-zoo-animals.png).

You can see the progress here:

Can somebody help me with an entrace archway with the word 'zoo'? Ideas are welcomed. Thanks.

<<Download Finished Version Here>>

vilvoh

Looks great! I would just add some aquatic animals like dolphins o seals.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Diegote

Quote from: vilvoh on December 08, 2009, 11:54:04 PM
Looks great! I would just add some aquatic animals like dolphins o seals.

It's a good idea, maybe I do a pool with dolphins and seals in the empty corner

sojo

Looks very nice. But I miss a fence in the background of the pound.
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

mip

Quote from: sojo on December 09, 2009, 08:54:14 AM
Looks very nice. But I miss a fence in the background of the pound.
I think the fence is there, but it's hard to see :)

Nice work.

Ashley

Very nice :) Any plans to animate the animals? That'd look really cool.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

Diegote

Quote from: Timothy on December 09, 2009, 12:52:37 PM
Very nice :) Any plans to animate the animals? That'd look really cool.

Thanks. I don't have enough skill to draw it  :P

spm

look great!waiting your share:D

micslu

Boo! No monkeys?  :o
But really looking forward to it.
Thanks for the work :)

Spike

Great :)

The orca is super-cool!

Václav

Lions and elephants are good - but I have small idea - to create aquarium show - there orcas could be - but in zoo should be else animals than orcas. It remind me very stupid game Zoo tycoon.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Diegote

I was thinking about that yesterday

Quote from: Hajo on December 09, 2009, 09:14:36 PM
Great :)

The orca is super-cool!

Thanks  :)

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on December 10, 2009, 08:34:19 AM
Lions and elephants are good - but I have small idea - to create aquarium show - there orcas could be - but in zoo should be else animals than orcas. It remind me very stupid game Zoo tycoon.

Yes, I was thinking about that yesterday after finishing the orca, this is more related to Seaworld. Maybe I delete the aquarium, and add some giraffes, zebras, etc.

jonasbb

The zoo looks great.
But you have to put a fence at the backside of the pond.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I really like how this is shaping up. It looks really nice :)

Diegote

Quote from: jonasbb on December 10, 2009, 11:53:42 AM
But you have to put a fence at the backside of the pond.

The fence is there, but is overlapped with the color of the path. Then I'll fix it.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: Diegote on December 10, 2009, 10:49:19 AM
Maybe I delete the aquarium, and add some giraffes, zebras, etc.

Preferable. If so, it would be easier to make it animated (if you want of course).  ;D

EvanBGood

Looks great! I would use it like it is now, but I can't wait to see it all finished! I'm guessing it's going to be a tourist point? I guess I could possibly see it as a factory drop-off point, though... for uh... fish or something, heh.
And since everyone is asking for other animals, maybe you could make a second version? Maybe just a little switch of the animals for the sake of variety :)

Diegote

Quote from: IgorTekton on December 10, 2009, 06:58:21 PM
Preferable. If so, it would be easier to make it animated (if you want of course).  ;D

If you can help me :),  maybe you can animate 1 animal, so I can see if it looks fine or not.

Quote from: EvanBGood on December 11, 2009, 06:42:41 AM
I'm guessing it's going to be a tourist point? I guess I could possibly see it as a factory drop-off point, though... for uh... fish or something, heh.

Probably I will make a tourist point.
QuoteAnd since everyone is asking for other animals, maybe you could make a second version? Maybe just a little switch of the animals for the sake of variety :)

Right now, I can't finish it  :P ,  I'm trying to add the final touches (trees, tourist point, facilities, paths, etc.)

Edited: Preview 3

Diegote

derajjared

muy bien trabajo me a gustado como quedo cuando abra descargas

vilvoh

Simply impressive!! Is that a polar bear?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: derajjared on December 12, 2009, 04:46:15 PM
muy bien trabajo me a gustado como quedo cuando abra descargas

EN: Please always include a copy of your comments in the language of a board, which here would be English

ES: Incluya por favor siempre una copia de sus comentarios en la lengua de un tablero, que aquí sería inglés

LNBC

Cool~ (Even at this moment I do gaming with Pak 64...)
GOOD WORK!
What do our folks thinking about the aquarium??
(It may sounded tricky to suggest that:
since the aquarium always built inside the building, which unlike the zoo.)

Could a stage for Whales' shows a better way to show "This is a aquarium. Tourists enjoyed the Whale talent shows a lot, or even a chance to feed them."[Oh, sounded alike the Ocean Park on Hong Kong Island, but surly some shows alike that.]

Er, it is just a merely suggestion to do with the fishes. (Or we may need a bigger space for those aquarium facilities if we do want to have the zoo and the aquarium BOTH.)

PS Wa's Resizeobj converts your Pak 128 buildings into Pak 64s. I wonder this tool can help Pak 64s' players enjoy the Pak 128 world. (Japanese Simutrans Page> Links> Wa's.....) [Warning: Japanese speaking (Get use of Google translation for a merely better English translation.)]

Diegote

What do you think about the zoo sign?

Spike

Looks good to me. I also like the crisp and colorful appearance of the zoo.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I like it a lot. It's a pity the scale of Simutrans doesn't allow us to have much larger buildings, because I'd love to see this be at least 4x bigger -- which is to say, I like it a lot. :)

Diegote

Thanks, I'm testing other zoo signs and then I will terminate the addon.

Probably my next project: a golf course
(very early preview)

Fabio

Quote from: Diegote on December 18, 2009, 04:35:21 PM
Probably my next project: a golf course
(very early preview)

very nice!
i can't talk for VS, but i'd like to see these addons in main pak.

Diegote

@fabio: Thanks. About golf course: I was testing various textures and is quite difficult to find the right colors, also, I work in 2d and it's very difficult to create the golf course slopes. I'm not sure if I can continue it.  :-[

Ashley

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on December 18, 2009, 03:43:53 PM
I like it a lot. It's a pity the scale of Simutrans doesn't allow us to have much larger buildings, because I'd love to see this be at least 4x bigger -- which is to say, I like it a lot. :)

You can have buildings up to 16x16 tiles in size, they do become slightly unwieldy beyond about 4x4 though.

Zoo and golf course both look great though :) Good job! (And of course, a use for TileCutter)
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Well, but I mean in the context of a city - a 16x16 city is decently sized already, much less to have a zoo or something added... hehe

I wish we could practically have huge maps where the "1km"-scale of the tiles was more like "100m" - then a 16x16 tile structure would fit nicely :)

(But I know this is not practical - just wishing) :)

The Hood

AFAIK the 1km scale is "assumed", i.e. no reason apart from computing power why it needs to be 1km rather than anything else.  I don't think it gets used internally at all.  I generally prefer to have my games produce very large maps with much larger cities with smaller production rates and larger stop catchments, so in my mind one tile is much less than 1km... I suppose it boils down to computer power.