News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Bus stops - Buy and maintenance cost unrelated to real capacity?

Started by Milko, December 13, 2009, 05:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hello everyone

I'm using SimuTrans 102-2-1 (Oct 17), with 64 pak and some add-on.

In particular I'm using the add-on bus stop from addons.simutrans.com (pak64busstop, Bus stop Set. A set of bus stops with different levels and capacities.
Creator: Timothy Game version: 102, Pak: 64 Categories: stops).

I note, however, some anomalies.

Typically the cost of the initial and monthly maintenance for the bus stop is: 400 € for every 32 spaces for the creation, 40 € per month every 32 spaces for maintenance, more generally every 32 (people or materials or bags of mail ) I have an outstanding 400 € + 40 € per month.

The add-on is characterized by having the stops with (eg) 32 persons + 32 bags of mail in one stop, I expected that the costs were 800 € and 80 € per month (equivalent to 32 +32), known however that the costs remain unchanged and I can place a 32 passengers + 32 bags of mail at the same cost of the stop 32 standard spaces.
The same thing happens for the other stops multiple of 32.

Do not know if it's a configuration issue with the add-on if it is a problem SimuTrans or if the behavior is correct, in practice, you get a discount of 50% of the cost of both installation and maintenance.

Sorry for my english.

Giuseppe

prissi

It is like this, the capacitance maintenance is only added once. This should be probably changed in games which have distictively enabled the seperate halt capacities options. I am open to discussion how to proceed here.

Milko

Hello Prissi
I think it is better to relate the cost of installation and maintenance to the actual capacity of the station directly into the game. I found add-on that expands the choices for passengers, while the ones that I found that expands the options for the post are always paired with those passengers. Alternatively, to keep the balance of the game, I can always use a only passenger station and near a only post, but this solution is not always easy or possible.

If I understand it now the calculation works like this:

If passenger station then maintenance cost = passenger cost * passenger capacity
otherwise
If post station then maintenance cost = mail cost * mail capacity
otherwise
If freight station then maintenance cost = freight cost * freight capacity

I think it is better to switch to a method of calculating such:

Maintenance cost = (passenger capacity * passenger cost) + (post capacity * post cost) + (freight capacity * freight cost)

The same for installation cost.
Giuseppe