News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Suspension Bridge for pak128

Started by Diegote, December 13, 2009, 10:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diegote

I have edited the 大京鉄工's Suspension bridge for pak128, (the original bridge is from Japanese.simutrans.com, add-ons, pak64, road & stop). In reality it's a false suspension bridge, they are several bus stops connected over a common bridge.

I sent a PM to 大京鉄工 in the japanes simutrans forum and he allow me to use the pak64 bridge. (Moderators: If necessary I post a screen from the japanes forum with the response from 大京鉄工, or if I'm right, you can see my PMs in the Japanes forum)

How to build the bridge:

1) Select from the road tool the base_bridge and build the bridge (preferable, a place with 5 water squares)

2) Build bus stops SusBridge01 to SusBridge07 over the bridge (The duplicated numbers 3 and 6 are for a bridge height of 2)

The Base_bridge was built with the base road from pak128 with some retouch (road.png, I think I downloaded it from the old Simutrans forum). I do not know who is the author (kierongreen from pak128 britain?), and if is free for use. If not, I delete it, and I will try to create a new one (Or someone who can help me creating a bridge  :P ).

Thanks to 大京鉄工, for this great addon and idea! :)

IgorEliezer

A tad off-topic but it's relevant:

Quote from: Diegote on December 13, 2009, 10:11:50 PM(Moderators: If necessary I post a screen from the japanes forum with the response from 大京鉄工, or if I'm right, you can see my PMs in the Japanes forum)

Even if we wanted, a Simple Machines Forum (this software we use for this forum) doesn't allow us to visualize private messages (that's why they are called private messages :P ), not even the team that develops the Simple Machines Forum supports it.

About the bridge: I would like A LOT to see such kind of bridges implemented officially. I had suggested it 2 year ago, if I remember correctly. Furthermore, I'm an architect.

Diegote

Quote from: IgorTekton on December 13, 2009, 10:21:40 PM
A tad off-topic but it's relevant:

Even if we wanted, a Simple Machines Forum (this software we use for this forum) doesn't allow us to visualize private messages (that's why they are called private messages :P ), not even the team that develops the Simple Machines Forum supports it.

Ah, ok, sorry, I don't know anything about forum administration or forum software.  :P

derajjared

DirrrtyDirk

Sorry for keeping the off-topic going... but what about the "report to admin" function - wouldn't even that show you the contents of that particular message?

Back to topic:

I had always hoped to see that bridge done in 128 size by someone, too (since I always felt to lazy to go for it myself  ;D) So, thanks!

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Diegote

off-topic
Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on December 13, 2009, 10:42:21 PM
Sorry for keeping the off-topic going... but what about the "report to admin" function - wouldn't even that show you the contents of that particular message?

Yes, you are right, I had never seen "report to admin" function in PM  :)

The Hood

Quote from: IgorTekton on December 13, 2009, 10:21:40 PM
About the bridge: I would like A LOT to see such kind of bridges implemented officially. I had suggested it 2 year ago, if I remember correctly. Furthermore, I'm an architect.

I do like this bridge and had seen it before.  I'd also love to have more of these types of bridges - but even more if there was a way of doing it without having to use the "station" hack that this requires.  Is it at all possible to allow something a bit more elegant/simple to build in the actual game engine?

vilvoh

I guess you could implement it as a large stop (1x4, 1x8, 1x16), so you don't have to build it by parts. Take a look at the wiki.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Diegote

I attached the png and dat files for those who want to edit/improve the bridge.

I also attached the tcp files -When click on 'cut image' you will get an error message (can't load image... etc) , click OK, the cut of the image will be good-

ӔO

I guess it's not possible to implement the pillars as a 1x3, 1x5, etc. and give them front/back?
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

The Hood

@AEO - not currently AFAIK, but I would love something along those lines implemented.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: IgorTekton on December 13, 2009, 10:21:40 PMI had suggested it 2 year ago, if I remember correctly.

Ah found, suspension bridges: http://archive.forum.simutrans.com/topic/01323.0/index.html

Probably it would require new parameters to place a special graphic atop the highest section of pillars, where the pillars "meet" with the deck.

Currently the bridges can vary in its height and pillar span. I'd dare to say nowadays such feature might be easier to be implemented once the software can calculate where each piece of pillars will be placed along with and under the bridge.

ecostaoli

would it be better if coded as way-object or sign?

Diegote

Quote from: vilvoh on December 14, 2009, 10:24:16 AM
I guess you could implement it as a large stop (1x4, 1x8, 1x16), so you don't have to build it by parts. Take a look at the wiki.

You are right vilvoh, this japanese addon (Station Underpass) uses only 1 button. Is a large stop (1x16), but if I am right I need even number of parts, and this means redesign the addon, that currently have 7 parts.

vilvoh

I think you could reduce the bridge design to 6 parts:

/|    |\                         /|   |\
/  | ...|  \ ... __ ....__ ... /  |...|  \

P.S: That addon was exactly what I've planned to create for a pak64 subway station.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Diegote

I took a second look at the wiki article and I found this:

...Stops with dims=1,1,8 have a special feature. They got 4 graphics per direction

Dims 1,1,16. This is similar to the dims=1,1,8 stop above, but it has a second variation. in the picture below they're used to make the platform appear on the opposite site of the track...

So, I think that the maximum stop size is 4 parts. Or I'm wrong?  ???

Edit: "4 parts" I wanted to say 4 unique graphics per direction

prissi

You can get for through stops only 2, 8, and 16 layouts. For the pillars most likely 8 is you choise cand every pillar must be at least 5 tiles away. Then you can go with a single stop.

Diegote

Quote from: prissi on December 26, 2009, 10:31:43 PM
You can get for through stops only 2, 8, and 16 layouts. For the pillars most likely 8 is you choise cand every pillar must be at least 5 tiles away. Then you can go with a single stop.

Thanks.
One doubt, the 16 layout only allows 4 graphics per direction As I read it on the wiki?