News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

ELECTRONICS FACTORY

Started by Fabio, December 27, 2009, 11:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabio

Hello,

this is the first preview of the Electronics factory replacement:

Feedback is appreciated  ;D

MHD

Just if need some details for your factory, I found pictures of adequate electronic factories.
Just for some elements and things like the backyard. Those can be seen nicely on the pics.

(The one produced light bulbs, the other radioelectronics)

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

Thanks! further work will follow :)

Zeno

It looks like a good idea. Nice job :)
Think of some antennas in the roof... and blinking lights, lots of lights ;D

Václav

Really first preview. Else it looks good - but regardless of I don't know what situation is around rights for original electronics factory, still original factory is very nice and this one need long time to it would be at the same degree of beauty.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

ariarinen

It looks nice, and pretty similar to factory's I visited.

Maybe it could produce machinery as well? or something new

Fabio

Here with some more details :::)

http://i46.tinypic.com/1zbxxsn.png

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I like where it's going. It really does look legitimate. :D

Also, a request, or at least a request for you to consider: That fence, imho, would make an awesome fence by itself, if it wouldn't be too much work...

VS

Ooh. You just made me think of you as a better painter than before :D

(there goes my last creative appreciative comment - but well spent!)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on January 05, 2010, 08:19:01 AM
I like where it's going. It really does look legitimate. :D
Quote from: VS on January 05, 2010, 09:00:01 AM
Ooh. You just made me think of you as a better painter than before :D

thank you very much!!!

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on January 05, 2010, 08:19:01 AM
Also, a request, or at least a request for you to consider: That fence, imho, would make an awesome fence by itself, if it wouldn't be too much work...
Thanks! The fence, actually comes directly from "PARTS" file release september 2008. It would be possible indeed to make it as a standalone fence, i will put it in my TODO list.

Also the tower will probably be edited and released in a couple of variants as an office tower (COM building).

Václav

Now much better - but still very much has to be done.

Fabio

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on January 05, 2010, 12:36:57 PM
Now much better - but still very much has to be done.

well, obviously additional work is needed, painting is not a quick and easy task, but could you tell me specifically what are you thinking of?

Václav

Change:
shades - roof and walls could be shaded
colours - walls could be lighter or darker

Add:
cars on parking
goods on area in the front of "cargo" gate

Fabio

A further preview, details are almost ok, after that i'll start with snow version...

Amelek

isn't connection between building and tower missing in right-bottom image?

btw, it looks great indeed.

Fabio

Quote from: Amelek on January 13, 2010, 07:05:05 AM
isn't connection between building and tower missing in right-bottom image?

i will look at it some more, but from my studies so far, the connection is completely hidden by the tower...

Combuijs

Then you should study a bit more  :D . According to the left bottom image the bridge connects to the left part of the low building (e.g. the side where trucks are parking).
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

DirrrtyDirk

According to the other 3 views, I'd say, yes, there should be a bridge visible on the 4th as well.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Fabio

If you look, the bridge is large from the second to the fifth window, left side, of the top building floor (see top images).
These windows are concealed by the tower, so it should be the bridge IMHO. Also the bridge is roughly half of the tower's size.

The Hood

Quote from: fabio on January 13, 2010, 10:08:34 AM
If you look, the bridge is large from the second to the fifth window, left side, of the top building floor (see top images).
These windows are concealed by the tower, so it should be the bridge IMHO. Also the bridge is roughly half of the tower's size.

But these windows are in full view on the image with the "missing" bridge!  It really does look like the bridge should be there.

Fabio

thank you The Hood, thank you all... I was looking at the wrong windows... something was fishy, but I couldn't find my error.
It will be fixed now.

Gouv

Looks good. The only thing making me a bit uncomfortable is the roof, - all Factory buildings i know have got a lot of windows in there.
But they are pretty old and you've got Air conditioning on your Building already. Maybe some solar Panels then? Speaking of Windows, maybe open a few of them?

Fabio

in most of newer buildings opening windows is forbidden/not allowed (specially if they have forced air circulation). But i will see.
Definitely i'll give a try to solar panels, instead, the roof is a bit empty also in my opinion.

Zeno

Quote from: Zeno on December 28, 2009, 04:37:26 PM
Think of some antennas in the roof... and blinking lights, lots of lights ;D
Yup, air condition and solar panels are good ideas to fill the empty space in the roof. Maybe some cameras or street lighting could also fit well. Btw, looks really nice :)

Fabio

Here with bridge fixed and solar panels... they don't turn, as they need to be orientated towards South...

http://i47.tinypic.com/2eyjg3b.png

helifino

Gotta love how it's the only one in the winter scene with snow on it.  ;)

VS

Snow might eventually come, but it's an extensive process and when one does not know which items will stay...

Fabio

Quote from: VS on January 17, 2010, 10:04:10 AM
Snow might eventually come, but it's an extensive process and when one does not know which items will stay...

On the other hand, snow should be mandatory for all NEW objects to include ;)

Lmallet

What is that blue spot on the left (just above the two parked trucks) in the winter scene?

Great job as always! 

Fabio

I feel this project is ready to be released (and I have some time to do it).
Background has been fixed thanks to Lmallet.

Download the PNG

Download the PNG before cutting

Download the DAT file

VS

Wow. Commited. Everyone, grab 128 nightly on Monday... it's nice :)

grampybear

Tip of my hat to you...A wonderful job. Will this be available as a Pak add-on or must we wait for a new Pak128 release?

DirrrtyDirk

as VS said: it should be part of the actual pak128 nightly by now.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****