News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Missing things

Started by hellmade, August 05, 2008, 07:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellmade

hi,

some of the things other pak's already provide are missing in pak128 still. Primarely to my mind there comes:

• powerline-bridges
  • "free" tunnels
  • a windmill

Stubbsy

I swear the powerline bridges already went in, but maybe not then.
What are the free tunnels? Not costing anything?

Ashley

AFAIK the request for powerline bridges was denied (there exist graphics for pak64 however), but I haven't been paying close attention for a couple of months so maybe it slipped in.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

whoami

Powerline "bridges" support was added in ST 99.15 (r1386) (according to release announcement), and I guess that pak64 was equipped with the necessary Pak file at the same time.
So, it's on the todo list for Pak128.

Ashley

Oh, that's cool then, might have to rework the graphics for the undersea cables I was working on then.

Edit - Just taken a look at the pak64 and 128 powerlines, thinking I'll have a go at making some replacements for both of them.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

hellmade

sounds great. Year, simutrans is capable of doing this. Do this ist just the "what i miss in pak128" list having only thing that other paks do have.

"free tunnels" means tunnels that do kurves aso. A free tunnel entry plus one free exit and the rest donein underground mode. As far as I can remember pak64 should have (or had) something like this.

I've also added the windmill since I can't find it in the industy builder. I know that it had been in previus versions. Had it been tossed out?

Stubbsy

Quote from: hellmade on August 05, 2008, 12:35:52 PM
"free tunnels" means tunnels that do kurves aso. A free tunnel entry plus one free exit and the rest donein underground mode. As far as I can remember pak64 should have (or had) something like this.
AAAHHH You can already get Free Tunnels in 128 then!

Quote from: hellmade on August 05, 2008, 12:35:52 PM
I've also added the windmill since I can't find it in the industy builder. I know that it had been in previus versions. Had it been tossed out?

Yeah i think that did go.

hellmade

Quote from: Stubbsy on August 05, 2008, 12:44:39 PM
AAAHHH You can already get Free Tunnels in 128 then!
ahhh...
its ctrl+tunnel to build such an entry, fine.
And also the track ist there (at least now in r55) *g*

Quote from: Stubbsy on August 05, 2008, 12:44:39 PM
Yeah i think that did go.
does anyone got the old pak for it?

hellmade

The windmill is also there again in r55
*tnx*

Magpie

Some other thing that would be good in pak128:
   -"free" bridges - the bridges that can do a curves, same way like monorails, both for rails and motorways

Mab

Quote from: RanDrag on August 10, 2008, 07:56:46 AM
Some other thing that would be good in pak128:
   -"free" bridges - the bridges that can do a curves, same way like monorails, both for rails and motorways
SUPPORT!  ;D ;D ;D

Erik

QuoteSome other thing that would be good in pak128:
Good plan ::) ::)
Sometimes I missed that.  :-\

Magpie

The other thing, that should be changed in pak128, are too strict rules for creating classic trains, compared to pak64. For example in pak64 you combine different locomotives in a one train, make a push train (locomotive coupled behind the carriges), one loco at the front and second at the rear etc. In pak128 you can usually have only one loco at the front of the train or more locos of the same type.

PkK

Daqin Railway in northern China runs trains consisting of 250 coal cars with four engines at the front, four in the middle and four at the rear.

Philipp

Magpie

Quote from: PkK on August 10, 2008, 07:15:11 PM
Daqin Railway in northern China runs trains consisting of 250 coal cars with four engines at the front, four in the middle and four at the rear.
something like this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LsuNWjRaAo&feature=related

PkK

Yes, similar, but electrified and in the mountains. Unfortunately I currently can't find a picture of a complete train I've seen (individual engines and cars are hard to sport on that one though). However Here's a picture of the front of a train:

http://www.railway-club.com/bbs/attachments/forumid_7/20080515_881b4841e4bd8d8659a0rrgQhvHoKIUH.jpg

hellmade

hi,

are those "free bridges" already part of ofer paks- I mean: do they already work?

Please note that thisthread is only about things that already work with other paks

mobo

The "free bridges" that are actually elevated ways are included in some paks for monorail or mlm. In pak japan there were also elevated traintracks and roads i think. Ive seen a screenshot of a 3 level trainstation that used these elevated ways (and that was pakjapan64 i think)

Generally i think this is possible for every waytype (on land) but there are only few paks that use it. Since these are technically ways and not bridges it only works on land, i think, and there are no houses beeing built underneath.

hellmade