News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

pak64.241 R2790

Started by Colin, December 29, 2009, 11:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

Here is the link to my latest PAK64 SVE. This game is rather large and features all modes of transport except Monorail and Maglev. It's earning capacity is huge and in this SVE exceeds $20billion. I've not built airports in cities but have built several International airports and have linked cities to them. Most cities are linked via high speed Tigress trains, those that aren't have a slower link to the high speed rail. Abundant use has been made of the new underground/ocean tunnels and links from distant factories have been made via train and boat.

This is an example of what can be achieved with some time and thought.

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/PAK64.241.sve
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

MOHAAPlayer

How do you get this to work?

Colin

Quote from: MOHAAPlayer on January 08, 2010, 03:21:42 AM
How do you get this to work?

Hi,
All you have to do is place the SVE in your folder My Documents/Simutrans/save. Then open a game and load that SVE.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

MOHAAPlayer

That save show's up 'Pa"' and the a has got two dots over it!

Colin

Quote from: MOHAAPlayer on January 08, 2010, 04:13:02 AM
That save show's up 'Pa"' and the a has got two dots over it!

I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean. Are you talking about the downloaded file or when you put in the Simutrans/save folder?

I've just downloaded myself and it say's underneath the file.PAK64,241.sve. Have you got any sve's in your save folder? if so, it should look exactly the same except yours will have different numbers.

I presume of course, that you have installed the game?

Thought for the day

MOHAAPlayer

I put it in the Simutrans save file folder

Colin

Quote from: MOHAAPlayer on January 08, 2010, 05:34:08 AM
I put it in the Simutrans save file folder

See Screenshot in the previous post. It should look like that, because that's the file I've just dowloaded. If it doesn't look like that I suggest you download it again or I can email it to you direct.

I've put it in this post too.

Thought for the day

MOHAAPlayer

Colin

Quote from: MOHAAPlayer on January 08, 2010, 05:44:56 AM
It does but cant play it

Sorry, It does??? does what? look like the picture I've sent or still has the PA and two dots?

What happens when you load Simutrans, go to the Save/Load Game screen and click on this sve?

Can you please supply the PAK file Number and the Exe number. As in PAK64.241 r2790

Thought for the day

MOHAAPlayer

It say's "Cannot run save game"

Colin

Quote from: MOHAAPlayer on January 08, 2010, 06:49:33 AM
It say's "Cannot run save game"

Could you please supply the PAK info etc.

I have an idea. To run this sve you need to have Food Chain and Waste Add On installed in your normal PAK Files.

Thought for the day

Colin

Thought for the day

MOHAAPlayer

Nope.
Can you give me your Pak folder?

Colin

Quote from: MOHAAPlayer on January 09, 2010, 03:21:41 AM
Nope.
Can you give me your Pak folder?

A bit difficult really. But you can download all the various PAK files from the Simutrans Download Board,(Second Board from the top) including the Food Chain and Waste Add Ons. You need to download the complete PAK sets and install them in the proper locations. You can also download A Simutrans Installer which will do the job for you. Failing all that I can send you a complete zipped PAK64 but it's only what I've downloaded the same as you can. And it would have to be email, It's too big to post here.

Thought for the day

MOHAAPlayer

i have got the addons!
please!

Colin

Thought for the day

Colin

Quote from: MOHAAPlayer on January 10, 2010, 03:26:53 AM
the pak file!

You want the PAK File?

If you mean the standard PAK64 Files go to Download Simutrans. The second board down from the top. All the files are there. I can not post them on this forum they are too large.

I've had another thought as to why you can't seem to play my SVE. Go into the Config folder open Simuconf.tab and change the Station Coverage to 3.

Thought for the day

MOHAAPlayer

Colin

Quote from: MOHAAPlayer on January 10, 2010, 04:20:05 AM
I'll try that!

Edit: no

I'm sorry I can't help you any further the SVE works perfectly on my computer and I know that Knightly has played it on his, so you must be doing something wrong. Also I've asked you twice for the PAK and Revision Numbers and you haven't responded.

Thought for the day

MOHAAPlayer

Colin

Thought for the day

Colin

Quote from: MOHAAPlayer on January 10, 2010, 09:46:39 PM

PAK64.244?  Revision 3017?

This is like extracting teeth, have you got something against parting with information???

Thought for the day

Colin

Quote from: MOHAAPlayer on January 10, 2010, 10:33:20 PM
102.2.1?

The latest one is 102.3. Can you PLEASE Download the latest from http://simutrans-germany.com/~nightly/simutrans/index.php youwill find the latest Windows version (you are using windows I presume) at the bottom of the page. You will find the latest nightly,currently 3017, either SDL or GDI underneath the linux versions. Unless I know exactly what you are using, I can't help you

Thought for the day