News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

New Nightlys

Started by wernieman, September 13, 2008, 07:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wernieman

a bad mingw32 update on my gentoo-server (linux) demolate my windows-cross-compiler.

so since 2 days there a no windows-nightlys.

Today I repair it, but only with an gcc4.

So .. can you test it??? Please!!
http://www.wernieman.de/simutrans/index.en.html#_Windows

There was no problem with the linux-nightlys!

Thanks!
I hope you understand my English

VS

I just started it and closed from menu, but nothing seems amiss :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

I've tested r2014 GDI and SDL versions with pak64 and pak128. I loaded an old savegame and they work well... :)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

DirrrtyDirk

The only version I can get is still from before the crash - so I wouldn't expect it to behave any different. Have you guys found a newer version, that I'm unable to find?

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

vilvoh

I've used 2008-09-11_v100.1_r2014, the one currently available in the website. At the end of it there's a changelog record and it says Last change: Sep 13 2008 04:01 so I guess that's the last version the nightly server compiled.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

DirrrtyDirk

When I open the zip, the .exe I find has a time stamp from Sep 11 - so I guess that's the old one.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Ormac

Yeah I assume wernieman is wanting to test r2015 or above for Windows and the only way to do that currently  is from source.

I have the source for r2020 currently sitting on my Windows Machine but I'm not quite sure what to do to compile it.

Ormac 8)
Simutrans Reference Material Blog SRM very wet ink
Download Simutrans Reference Material from http://docs.simutrans.com

z9999

Unfortunately, there is still schedule dialog problem with gcc4 which was reported before.
http://archive.forum.simutrans.com/topic/07987.0/index.html

whoami

With the Windows build (SDL, rev. 2020), I got a crash "access violation" when trying to use the options menu when it was obscured (buttons invisible) by the schedule dialog problem (that z9999 mentioned).

The Linux builds do not work since rev. 2018 due to source code problems:
(...)
===> CXX simworld.cc
simworld.cc: In static member function 'static bool karte_t::get_height_data_from_file(const char*, sint8, sint8*&, sint16&, sint16&, bool)':
simworld.cc:155: warning: converting to non-pointer type 'bool' from NULL
simworld.cc:166: error: 'endian_sint32' was not declared in this scope
simworld.cc:326: warning: converting to non-pointer type 'bool' from NULL
make: *** [simworld.o] Error 1

prissi

The error will only happen on non-Intel processors ... thus werniman should be not affected by this.

whoami

The error message is from his website, the nightly builds failed because of that.

wernieman

The gcc on the Maschine (a Intel PIII!!!) send this eror with the Linux-Nightlys. The Windos-Nightlys (V2020) was compiled well.

There was an Error with the Nightlys compiled on a GCC 4 and winsdl. So some menüs could not be used ....

On weekend I could no testet it .......

Edit:
I get the mingw-gcc-3.4.6 to run ....

so when there is tomorrow a new simutrans-version, it will be compiled with mingw32-gcc-3!

I hope it work O.K. ... and we loose the grafik error!

Thanks or testing!

Colin

I've just noticed the "overpatch for r2022". I've downloaded it but it doesn't seem any different that the original r2022 which has the tops of the the 'Schedules' missing.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

wernieman

yesterday manuel compiling with the overpatch I use the wrong compiler for windows

next night there will be a new version of the nightlys, but not with the overpatch.