News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Underground stations by VaclavMacurek

Started by Václav, January 01, 2010, 05:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

Quote from: Y1149362004 on July 24, 2009, 09:58:07 AM
Hong Kong MTR Underground Station(MongKok,TaiWoHau,PrinceEdward&MeiFoo)

Similar underground station (made by me) may be downloaded here.

But I swear resemblance between HK and my station is unintentional

On http://ota.webz.cz you may download (click on Stáhnout) many more

Mod note: please, trim down long quotes by keeping just relevant text.
- Igor

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Y1149362004

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on January 01, 2010, 05:36:47 PM
Similar underground station (made by me) may be downloaded here.

But I swear resemblance between HK and my station is unintentional

On http://ota.webz.cz you may download (click on Stáhnout) many more

It looks like pretty good,but I suggest that you make it with "makeobj32" ,so that it can be used in version of 88.10.5

Václav

I am sorry but I have only makeobj49 and makeobj50 (on e-mail you can send it to me - I sent it to you via PM) - but why do you play version 88.10.5 (regardless of your answer will be off topic)?

Y1149362004

DirrrtyDirk

But it wasn't the last stable version (and it is terribly outdated by now).

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Václav

DirrrtyDirk: I have not reason to not believe release 2928 marked as 1.2.2.1 is not stable (regardless of I play with release 2972). Also I accept (0.)88.10.5 is out of date.

Y1149362004: You will find it very soon because in newer versions are very much new posibilities (like building of tunnels with slopes, using maglevs and many more).

Y1149362004

the important thing is the new version does not support the old save.

Václav

I don't think so.

I have one game in service what I started under version 99.17.1 and still only one problem was when I upgraded graphics because in old versions objects were distributed by else way.

BUT HERE I HAVE TO ASK ADMINS FOR SPLITTING OF THIS TOPIC to stop off-topic discussion about reasons of playing of very old versions (like 88.10.5) here and its transfering into else thread.

Ashley

Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

prissi

Since 88.10.5 never had an underground mode, underground plattform (while those still were built) as quite pointless there.

Also 88.10.5 savegames should load on any newer version, if you have the same objects or provide a reasonable replacement. Elsewise there is a programm error I happily rectify.

Václav

So... all previous posts were not much about my underground station and for that I ask you, all: What do you think about my underground station?

gauthier

simply awesome ;)

I just suggest you to transform z1 and z2 in a 16 keys station ;)

Graphically : I find that concrete texture is too much visible, ... too much rough. You should put a 50% transparency grey filter on textured part to smooth this roughness  ;D
better : your grey filter should be the lighting (from black to white) of concrete surfaces, so lighting differences would be more visible.

Václav

Gauthier: I can partly improve textures - but if I transform station by your advice (that then they will have the same arrangement as yours), then I am afraid of walls can be on wrong side.

gauthier

Quotethen I am afraid of walls can be on wrong side.

If there are only z1 and z2 which are modified, if you build your station begining by the write side, walls will be on the write side ;)

Václav

I did not tested rotating of 16 keys station (because I often play in default direction) but here is minor problem:

it prevents you from building it as you need it. For example: on surface you have road with station and you need to build underground station partly to the front of surface station (track 1 will be under road, track 2 will be in the front of track 1) - but here (sometimes) platforms will be arranged wrong.

It is seen on underground stations by Timothy - or even your one side platforms for maglev and rail. I build Victorian styled or else station building very often and then I need (if I want to use one side platforms) to the first platform on side by station building. With 16 keys station it is impossible when you hit wrong coordinates.

gauthier

I don't understand your way of building stations ... could you post some screenshots  ???

Václav

Here one screenshot is

here 16 keys coding caused that the first platform (counted from station building) would not be on side of station building - if it would be one side one - like the second platform (what here is on side of station building).

gauthier

if you build at first the first platform, it would be on the right side and the second platform would be on the opposite side. Where is the problem ???

Václav

Now it is seen better:

platform 3 - it is on side of tunnel
platform 2 - it is not one side - but it would be on side of station building
platform 1 - it is not one side - but it would be on side of tunnel

But I need the first platform on side of station building (when I decide to use one side platform) - if it would be as you wrote, then all would be OK because platforms would be arranged by something (for example station building regardless of it extension and cannot be built first) and the first (and the third) platform would be on side of station building - but it is not as you wrote - as it is seen on attached picture.

gauthier

I don't know if I understood you but see :

This is the station you want to have (remember way A B and C).

But when you build it from south to north, the southern platform is not on the good side :-X
Logically, you could build your station from north to south but you would have two different stations between platforms and extensions.

So you have to build your station from south to north.
Build on the way A a temporary platform, then build on the way B the good sided platform (you can prevent platform from changing side by building it one tile diagonal next to the first).
Then delete the temporary platform and build all platforms you need.

The station as you want it and in only one same station ;)

Václav

Thanks for this information. I think this is unknown by many people - not only by me. I will try this and then changing into 16 keys is possible.