News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

why this depot doesnt work

Started by forest gump, January 11, 2010, 01:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forest gump

hello everyone, i was wondering why sometimes when i build a depot near a farm,ore mine, or anything like them, why sometimes it doesnt work. when i send trucks to it, it will have nothing, however sometimes the depot will work (especially will work for the AI). also when i'm the public service, i build a mine or somthing like it and it doesnt work either. any help would be appreciated  :)

(p.s. is there any way to make this game have military stuff, i see you have the junkers ju-52, the deuce and a half and the opel blitz truck in there aswell. if anyone would be willing to make a few that would be cool- least to me it would)

knightly

Quote from: forest gump on January 11, 2010, 01:11:24 AM
hello everyone, i was wondering why sometimes when i build a depot near a farm,ore mine, or anything like them, why sometimes it doesnt work. when i send trucks to it, it will have nothing,

If you see your trucks entering into the depot, they should be there. There is a text in the upper-left corner which shows how many convoys are currently in the depot, and you can click on the left/right arrow buttons next to the convoy field to cycle through these existing convoys.

BTW, welcome to the forum :)

DirrrtyDirk

1.) Do you really mean a depot or a station? (I ask since AI's didn't use a depot in the past at all)

2.) When you build an industry with the editor in public player, you must connect it to other industries as well. Otherwise it will not produce anything and so there's nothing to transport.

3.) Military stuff... I think chances are very slim that you'll see much of this, since simutrans is a peaceful civilian transport game, so mostly civilian stuff is painted and used, with few exceptions.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

prissi

As to the military stuff: All those you mentioned are civilian. THe Ju52 was built as a long range passenger plane in 1936, the OPel BLitz has its name from lightening fast and is from the twenties. Whatever a deuce is, I do not know. But it is the intention to keep all military or desaster stuff out of the program.

VS

Re original question - stations have a "coverage area" with radius 2 tiles (usually - but it can be configured). So there must be at most one tile between station and industry or whatever else it is. The attached screenshot shows station A that covers the castle and B which does not.

Since you mentioned farms - I think that to connect with farm, station must cover the farm building, not just fields.

As you have found out, "depot" in these games usually means the house where you build new vehicles...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

forest gump

ok, sorry, i meant station but when i use trains it works, but when i try using trucks while i have trains, it doesnt work; the station won't have anything in it  :-[

as for the military stuff, a deuce is a 2 and a half ton transport truck, used in world war 2 through vietnam.i thought perhaps someone could make a dc-3/c-47 or an aircraft factory. i mean, well, for during the WW2 era. i wasn't intending on using diaster stuff at all, but nevermind that. i make .Png images on paint with alot of other people on a gaming forum, which we make stuff free for the public
anyways, thankyou for helping me out with a few things, i appreciate it  :)