News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Work In Progress

Started by Gouv, January 12, 2010, 04:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gouv

Hi, I'm still in the Process of learning modelling in Blender as well as modelling Objects for Simutrans in general.
Here is my 1st halfway-done Building, it's supposed to be an old russian Woodhouse 'Izba'  ;D

So, I think it's still to big, not sure if i can scale it down again properly.
I'll probably add more windows and maybe some Flowers in front of the house, no biggie.
Umm, I already know that my shadows are wrong >.< gotta turn the Building instead of switching between 4 Camera's.
Well, is anything else terribly wrong?

vilvoh

As a first tryout, looks good... :)

Perhaps the roof's texture is a little bit grainy. Btw, it remids me to Uncle Tom's hut..

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

Minor nitpick - you rotate light with the building... otherwise perfect :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

MHD

I really like that one as it is. Great! Can be used as a barn for rural areas...

Edit: Writing from the viewpoint of an map editor :-)
The remark with the shadow is correct, else great work...

michelstadt

Perfect, yes indeed.

(Ok, the shadows ...)

MHD

The best is: The shadow pics are so different, that I made a small joke and produced 2 pak-Files by simply alternating the detail pics.
So there are in each rotational view two different buildings (one for level 2 and one for level3), where each of them is beautiful.

:)

(Else I didn't change anything)

Gouv

:o I'm glad you guys like it.
I could never call it perfect after all the stuff i deleted because of the small size of the rendered Image.
Here is the Version with correct Views and Shadows:

Fabio

minor tips: removing the ground (transparent) and adding a snow version.. otherwise, perfect!

Václav

I can't help myself but red window frame is very awful - and destroying beauty of this building what else would be very nice.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Gouv

Hmm, it was supposed to have some sort of Painting on it. Cant see much but a few pixels on the rendered image.
Almost everything in this Model is textured, scaling down reduces it all down to a few pixels or nothing... ::'(
The funny thing is, there is nothing red in the texture, it's just kinda bright(already reduced brightness btw.) wood texture.

Alright, is this better?

Václav

Yes, it is.

Quote from: fabio on January 13, 2010, 02:40:14 PM
minor tips: removing the ground (transparent)
If I am not wrong, it means using needs_ground = 1.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní