News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Solar and geothermal powerplants

Started by vilvoh, January 13, 2010, 10:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

Final release of the geothermal powerplant. Two rotations, with winter version and special night colors. It only appears at cold climates (tundra, artic and rocky)

A screenshot...

EDIT: factory fixed and updated. Now it generates electric energy. Please download it again...  ;D

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

gauthier

... powerplants'name MUST finish with "kraftwerk" unless they don't produce any power.

VS

That's why in pak128 1.4.6 they all have "new name" ;)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

Thus that's why the names were changed in the new pak128 release..  :P

Well, while they're addons, not official stuff, I rather use real names.

jentlemangim

How do you connect power lines and transformers? In the new pak128 I can't place a transformer next to the farm. It must be able to connect to the central portion.

gauthier

QuoteThat's why in pak128 1.4.6 they all have "new name" Wink

Si I have to update my pak128 ?

VS

If you are asking about the solar plants: No, vilvoh released them as addons and they were included & fixed later (but before release).

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Aquel

Quote from: jentlemangim on March 15, 2010, 07:48:31 PM
How do you connect power lines and transformers? In the new pak128 I can't place a transformer next to the farm. It must be able to connect to the central portion.

I got the same problem.
When I want to connect it says:
"Transfomer must be placed on enmpty flat ground adjacent to a factory"

Any Ideas what it could be?
Créateur de véhicule routier français: http://simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=fr:vehicules_routiers_byaquel
Making French road vehicule a reality: http://simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=en:vehicules_routiers_byaquel

Impossible n'est pas français!
Napoléon Bonaparte a écrit"Ce n'est pas possible, m'écrivez-vous : cela n'est pas français", en répondant à Jean Léonard, Comte Le Marois, qui lui faisait part de l'impossibilité de réaliser un projet.  Napoléon Bonaparte wrote: "It's not possible, you're telling me: it's not french", responding to Jean Léonard, Count Le Marois regarding the impossbility of making a project   [img]http://graphics.simutrans.com/albums/userpics/1000

gauthier

(I answer in French, it's faster :D )

Ca a déjà été répondu au-dessus, étant donné que c'est un addon encore en version de test il n'a pas été configuré en tant que centrale. Il faudra attendre la version finale ;)

gauthier

I saw that solar plants were included in the latest pak128 but why the geothermal one isn't included too ?

vilvoh

I released it after the pak128 release, so there wasn't time enough to include it, in case pak128 guys decide so..

Btw, I'm still working on the solar pond. It's almost finished.

EDIT: a preview. I have to fix some alignment details from the pond fields yet.

us (site down, do not visit) ]/image/show/L7eY49QlvS/solarpond-pre.png]

gauthier

can you post a workin version of the geothermal power plant please ?

vilvoh

What's wrong with the current released one, available on the top of this page?

gauthier

not working because of the name which doesn't finish with "kraftwerk".

vilvoh

let me check it..

EDIT: you were right. I didn't notice it.. :-[ ... I've fixed it. Now you can download working version.

vilvoh

Solar pond finished. It produces more than the solar farms but less than the geothermal and the PS10 tower. Only appears in desert, tropic and mediterran climates.

PS: this time I didn't forget the kraftwerk's detail...  ;)

gauthier

nice ;)

you should put all downloads here or in the first post.

Milko

Hi

Sorry, but I don't understand.
Does last nightly work? Vilvoh fixed solar plant in 17/04, but last change in Pak128 SVN is 07/04 (Make solar plans "connectable").

Giuseppe

Milko

Sorry, my english is very bad.

The changes introduced in nightly from VS (I watched the sequence of changes to SVN pak 128) were made on 07/04/10, which was before Vilvoh made the last adjustment on 17/04/10, for this I think that the last nightly are not working correctly.

You can look SVN changes at http://svnlogs.simutrans.com/pak128.html

Giuseppe

gauthier

No no I undertood what you say, but I can't understand what "17/04" refers to ...

VS

Geothermal plant is not included yet... :(

vilvoh

I guess VS would need the sources too. Anyway, please be patient. Perhaps he has decided not to include it yet.. :::)

PS: Meanwhile, as gauthier said, you can download it from here... ;)