News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

New airplanes: Douglas set

Started by Zeno, December 08, 2010, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno

I've been cooking some new airplanes for a couple of days. These airplanes are the most famous Douglas aircraft, which were missing in my airplane set. This Douglas mini-set set will be composed by the DC-5, DC-6, DC-8, DC-9, MD-11, MD-80 and MD-90 models, with several subseries.

Now I've finished the first one, which is the DC-8, in two variants: the DC-8-30 and the DC-8-60, low and high capacity versions of this airplane. As usual, you can find some history, real data and other stuff at my blog, as well as the link to the download site. I hope you like them :)

An_dz

Great airplanes Zeno. Can't see any exterior differences between them, there's any or it's just the specs that are different.
Someone just talked about DC-80 today with me, that's a cool coincidence.

Zeno

Well, the -60 has a stretched body. It should be 3 or 4 pixels longer, besides the different livery, of course.

JackVerheydt

Dear Zeno:
I have downloaded via your blog your latest nice additions, i.e. the Renfe items, the  2 Douglas planes and the tanker wagons in various colors. I have downloaded them to my Pak128 as I have always been able to do successfully before, but these extract with an Internet Explorer icon instead of the usual pak-icon, and as a consequence they do show up in my Pak128, but no matter what I try they are not visible in the vehicle depots when I load my latest savegame. I have even tried making new depots, thinking perhaps they would only show up in those, but still without results. What am I doing wrong, or should the 7z zips be extracted in a special way oir with a special program? Or perhaps this is no longer possible in 102.2.2 (which I am using). Don Quixote.
Don Quixote.

Zeno

I will check the files later, but they should be 7z files, wich require 7zip software to ne opened, afaik.

Zeno

Quote from: ispero on December 10, 2010, 04:19:54 PM
Great Job Zeno
Thank you, ispero! I'm happy you like them :)

Quote from: JackVerheydt on December 10, 2010, 12:54:25 AM
What am I doing wrong, or should the 7z zips be extracted in a special way oir with a special program?
These are 7z files like all the previous files that I have published. They should be opened using 7-zip free software, which you can get at www.7-zip.org. I'm sorry I don't know if they can be opened with any other software.

Edit:

I've just added the DC-9 in three different variants, each with a different livery. The smallest is the DC-9-10, for 90 psg; it follows the DC-9-30, for 115 psg; the biggest of the three is the DC-9-50, wich can carry up to 135 passengers. They are painted in the following liveries: Delta Airlines the -10, Aserca Airlines the -30 and Delta (North West) the -50.

You can read a few lines about them at my blog as usual, as well as see a couple of images and a link to the download page.

Zeno