News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

[7.0] yellow station status for connected stations?

Started by megasycophant, January 22, 2010, 12:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

megasycophant

Just started playing Experimental and like it much better than Standard. Kudos and thanks! Playing 7.0 since I'm on a Linux box (Fedora) and the 7.1 build isn't ripe yet. I like to focus on passenger service, though I haven't tried freight in Experimental yet. (Shipping coal in Standard almost seems like cheating -- I'd work on a passenger network forever to make a few bucks when I could just run a couple of coal trains and be making money in minutes.)

My question is this, something I don't remember seeing in Standard, though I may be wrong: I have stations whose status bars above the station name turn yellow, usually for only a short time, before going back to green. According to the game help, this means these stations aren't connected, but that's not the case. (In my case, they're serviced by a line.) Is this because service either TO or FROM them (which? or both?) is too slow?

On another note, is there some way to determine the destinations of the "unhappy face" passengers at a stop who left because of too long a wait, apart from watching the station's waiting passengers list to see which passengers disappear?

jamespetts

Megasycophant,

thank you for your post; glad that you are enjoying Simutrans-Experimental! Apologies that the Linux build for 7.1 has not worked out yet - I have been trying to track down the build problem, but have not yet had success, and have been too busy to look at the code much for the last week or two.

I am aware of the yellow issue, but was not aware that it was Simutrans-Experimental specific. It is not related to the journey time tolerance feature - I suspect that it temporarily resets to yellow while connexions are being re-checked. In Simutrans-Experimental, they are re-checked both monthly and whenever there is a change in schedules, so it might well be then that you see the incorrect yellow indications.

As to the unhappy faces - they are stored in the program as a single number, so there is no way to determine which left because of excessive waiting time and which because of overcrowding. The only practicable way to do that would be to have two separate categories of unhappy faces, which might be a little unwieldy both technically and from an interface perspective.

Glad that you like Experimental - thank you for playing, testing and reporting!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.