News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

What type of pak is the graphic offset parameter applied to?

Started by SHI, January 22, 2010, 04:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHI

I know the graphic offset parameter applies to vehicle pak. Now I would like to apply it to other paks.
Please let me know if you have a list or document about the graphic offset parameter application.
I have to read a makeobj history?

The Hood

I know you can apply it to way graphics, but I haven't tried anything else.  I suspect it works for most things - why not give it a try?

VS

Offsets should work everywhere, I think - it is part of image syntax, and should not be specific for just vehicles or buildings.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

SHI

Thank you for your replies. I tried to apply offset to way pak, but it did not worked as I desired. So I got it wrong.

The Hood

VS

This is done with offsets.

When I moved the road too much forward, it disappeared under tiles in front. Maybe what you can *do* with offsets depends on type of item because of drawing order? But certainly they work :)

Maybe you have old makeobj?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

SHI

I tried to apply the offset parameter to an elevated way pak with makeobj50, but the way pak showed no offset graphics.
Now I tried again, I could confirmed the offset is able to applied to way pak. It seems I was wrong..., maybe... I did not put packed a pak file correctly or a dat file had an syntax error, or I could not see a offset graphics by drawing order as you say.
Thank you for your advice.

The Hood

VS

SHI: Glad to hear you solved it, then :)

Maybe the numbers are confusing - to move "up", offset must be negative...