News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

[WIP] Bulk trailer(s)

Started by martin, March 28, 2010, 07:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

What is wrong now? Please.

But I found minor error in trailers' dat:

freightimagetype[1]=Kohle
freightimagetype[2]=Eisenerz
freightimagetype[3]=Stone
freightimagetype[4]=Sand
freightimagetype[5]=fertilizer
freightimagetype[6]=waste

It should be

freightimagetype[0]=Kohle
freightimagetype[1]=Eisenerz
freightimagetype[2]=Stone
freightimagetype[3]=Sand
freightimagetype[4]=fertilizer
freightimagetype[5]=waste

and the same number have to be in lines below. This could cause that error too. If this is not source of error, I don't know.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Aquel

Namastéji to all!

@VaclavMacurek : problem solved I modified too many things including in the *.png file so obviously could not worked.... ;D
Problem is solved now except minor details to make it looks good!

@martin:  I don't konow if it's my truck or your trailer position but I got some problems with the positions!
Seems your trailer is mixing with the truck!
Did you try and tested it with others truck to check it?

Thanks
Créateur de véhicule routier français: http://simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=fr:vehicules_routiers_byaquel
Making French road vehicule a reality: http://simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=en:vehicules_routiers_byaquel

Impossible n'est pas français!
Napoléon Bonaparte a écrit"Ce n'est pas possible, m'écrivez-vous : cela n'est pas français", en répondant à Jean Léonard, Comte Le Marois, qui lui faisait part de l'impossibilité de réaliser un projet.  Napoléon Bonaparte wrote: "It's not possible, you're telling me: it's not french", responding to Jean Léonard, Count Le Marois regarding the impossbility of making a project   [img]http://graphics.simutrans.com/albums/userpics/1000

martin

@martin: please find the *.dat file for your bulk goods trailer.
is it ok for you?
I'm not very pleased that you upload modified .png and .dat files with the same names I gave the files. It's getting confusing which files are from me (the originals) and the ones modified by you. Please use different filenames from now on when posting modifications.

To all readers: please take a good look from which post you download files...

Besides that I don't understand why you add constraints in the .dat file specific for your truck. The original file has no limitations (constraint[prev]) set and lets the trailer to be picked by any truck (at least when the trucks constraints allow it too :))

@martin:  I don't konow if it's my truck or your trailer position but I got some problems with the positions!
Seems your trailer is mixing with the truck!
Did you try and tested it with others truck to check it?
I draw all of my trucks and trailers using the pak128 template for busses and trucks/trailers. And I've also tested it in the game. I found no weird graphic problems. Also tried with some 'standard' trucks from pak128 v1.4.6

Václav

Besides that I don't understand why you add constraints in the .dat file specific for your truck. The original file has no limitations (constraint[prev]) set and lets the trailer to be picked by any truck (at least when the trucks constraints allow it too)

Martin: please, don't be angry with me for following words:

I understand your complaint quoted above and effort to make that trailer to be free for using by any other trucks but no constraints on trailers cause chaos is depot - similary to if you checked in depots button "Show all vehicles".

So here is space for minor patch handling (or better wrote: eliminating) this bug.

martin

I have absolutely nothing against setting constraints, but since I see Aquel having trouble over and over again with .dat files (and constraints) I was wandering why he is keeps on implementing it for mainly testing purposes. Not implementing constraints in those testing situations would make his life a bit easier... (I think/hope)

When posting new objects here Ik try to make the .dat file useable as possible. It is free to everyone to download my images and dat files, modify them and compile 'personalized' pak files to be used in Simutrans. Even questions about it are no problem. But I am not that happy if modified version of my 'sources' are posted here again with the same name... There's the danger of getting very confusing then very simply....

Václav

Aha - I got it. What I wanted to know you wrote in part one. And upon part two I keep silence.

Aquel

Quote from: martin on April 15, 2010, 06:29:16 PM
I have absolutely nothing against setting constraints, but since I see Aquel having trouble over and over again with .dat files (and constraints) I was wandering why he is keeps on implementing it for mainly testing purposes. Not implementing constraints in those testing situations would make his life a bit easier... (I think/hope)

When posting new objects here Ik try to make the .dat file useable as possible. It is free to everyone to download my images and dat files, modify them and compile 'personalized' pak files to be used in Simutrans. Even questions about it are no problem. But I am not that happy if modified version of my 'sources' are posted here again with the same name... There's the danger of getting very confusing then very simply....

Hello

Sorry to answer late I was out for a while.
Regarding the constraints I thought tht you just could not let the constraint with nothing.
This is why I modified it... Sorry if that hurt your feelings.

Promise Next time I'll change the name.
I did not realize it could lead to mistake.
People are supposed to read my post and understand that I modified the files.
Regarding the position I'm using it with a truck I made. So if position is a problem it's my truck and not the trailer.
Anyway i'll have to modify my truck *.png to mkae it work with your trailer.
Créateur de véhicule routier français: http://simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=fr:vehicules_routiers_byaquel
Making French road vehicule a reality: http://simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=en:vehicules_routiers_byaquel

Impossible n'est pas français!
Napoléon Bonaparte a écrit"Ce n'est pas possible, m'écrivez-vous : cela n'est pas français", en répondant à Jean Léonard, Comte Le Marois, qui lui faisait part de l'impossibilité de réaliser un projet.  Napoléon Bonaparte wrote: "It's not possible, you're telling me: it's not french", responding to Jean Léonard, Count Le Marois regarding the impossbility of making a project   [img]http://graphics.simutrans.com/albums/userpics/1000