News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

S-E 7.1 info about a vehicle in depot

Started by sagaudi, February 08, 2010, 08:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagaudi

Hi!
Recently I have learnt about simutrans-experimental and I very much liked your version!!! Thanks you for your excellent work!!! Game became more difficult and more interesting.

But there are some moments which afflict me.

1) At a vehicle choice in depot before purchase in simutrans-experimental it is not visible the prices for a vehicle and the prices for movement kilometre (pic. 1). It is very inconvenient to choose a vehicle blindly though in simutrans-clasic it was (pic. 2).
How it can be eliminated? It does not depend on the pak, I tried different, result always the identical.

2) in game remained possibility in 1930 to buy a vehicle which will appear only in 1950.

jamespetts

Sagaudi,

welcome to the forum and to Simutrans-Experimental! The issue that you describe is caused by the absence of a translation for the Simutrans-Experimental version of the information in your language. I am not exactly sure what your language is, but, judging by the screenshots, I am guessing Russian. I do not think that anybody has translated Simutrans-Experimental into Russian yet. (Most of the texts are the same as Simutrans-Standard, but Simutrans-Experimental has a number of additional texts, including in the depot window, which have to be translated).

I'd be very grateful for anyone to translate the Simutrans-Experimental specific texts into a new language: go to Simutranslator in order to do so. You'll need to register an account, but the user interface is easy once you've done so. Please let me know when you've made new translations so that I know to include the updated language files in the next release.

As to issue no. 2, are you sure that you had the timeline turned on?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

sagaudi

Thanks for your answer. With point 2 I have understood, I am simple did not know that timeline means.

As to point 1. I have looked the English version and the problem is present and there too (business probably not in language though I can and be mistaken means).
Instead of parametres: the vehicle name, cost, power and weight is present inscription LOCO_INFO_EXT.

jamespetts

If the problem also appears in the English translation, it means that you have not downloaded the Simutrans-Experimental configuration files as explained here, which include the additional translation texts.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

sagaudi

Problem has partially solved.
I have copied last language file and have changed LOCO_INFO on LOCO_INFO_EXT. Now in game there are signatures. The truth in Russian not in all vehicles, a part remained in English. Probably there other function was used.
I used pak64 and pak128, and they are not altered under S-E. Probably a problem in it.

jamespetts

Sagaudi,

I do not fully understand what you write: the parts that remain in English are those that have not yet been translated into Russian. The only problem of which I am aware is the absence of a Russian translation. If you'd like to have a go at translating Simutrans-Experimental into Russian, I'd be extremely grateful!

sagaudi

sagaudi

I have sent the message to the manager in simutranslator that me have registered.

Has installed the configuration file as you recommended. With the English version now everything is all right

jamespetts