News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Aircraft in pak128.Britain?

Started by Silver, February 16, 2010, 08:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver

Sorry!

There are addons of aircraft for pak128.britain?

Archon

No.

Air fields are ready but planes are still todo.

Silver

There aircraft for 128pak.britain?
Where do I download?
???

¡sorry for my english!

jamespetts

No, there aren't aircraft for Pak128.Britain yet. There will hopefully be some in the future, though.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

druid

As all the boats are done I've started looking at aircraft.
here is the first one finished it is the short empire flying boat built and used from 1936 on.
I'll upload the file and data on the plane to [ simutrans [dot] us (site down, do not visit) ] so the hood can alter it and get the angles right to fit in the game get it in the game

The Hood

Brilliant.  Just a word of warning though - flying boats will have to take off and land at normal land airports in simutrans - the game code just can't hand flying boats unfortunately.  And as for boats being finished, there's still a whole range of steamers and modern ones to do, but if you don't fancy doing any of those, just do what you want.

Also, please avoid doing planes from Zeno's plane pak for pak128:
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1470.0
I'm hoping to re-render the blender models for these in pak128.Britain lighting and scale (if Zeno will still let me!)

Zeno

Quote from: The Hood on February 20, 2010, 10:16:10 AM
I'm hoping to re-render the blender models for these in pak128.Britain lighting and scale (if Zeno will still let me!)
Sure ;)

I'll look for the .blends and pack them for you.

AP

Quote from: The Hood on February 20, 2010, 10:16:10 AM
Brilliant.  Just a word of warning though - flying boats will have to take off and land at normal land airports in simutrans - the game code just can't hand flying boats unfortunately.  

I was told a long while back that there is a way. Apparently, before planes were coded into simutrans at all, someone wanted aircraft, so they coded them as boats - they could only move over water, but very fast- and were termed "seaplanes" and docked at seaports rather than airfields. Might be worth resurrecting this trick?

The Hood

@Zeno,
Many thanks!

@AP,
Yes, that is one solution.  But they would only be able to fly over water though...

Maybe the ultimate solution to the sea planes trick is a simutrans-experimental patch (maybe allow a special type of runway to be built on sea, with way constraints so that only sea planes could use it?), but this will probably have to wait.

AP

Quote from: The Hood on February 20, 2010, 10:49:59 AM
Yes, that is one solution.  But they would only be able to fly over water though...
Just found the thread link:
http://archive.forum.simutrans.com/topic/08068.0/index.html
the other person refers to them as "hydroplanes" but same thing, clearly. Don't know when they were removed from the game.

Archon

I Tried to make airplane today and here are the results.

It is dc3 without any color.

I was thinking about about scale for planes and came up with 1 pixel =  2m. It would make An-225 168 pixels wide (i don't think that it has place in pak britain).

Also should we have list for planes that need to be done?

The Hood

There is no list yet of planes to be done, but we need a range of planes covering all purposes from the 1900s on.  The only criterion is that the planes have been in service in Britain (so Boeing will make it in for example).  Scale for most vehicles is 1 tile = 30m.  The A380 is 73m though, which suggests we need to reduce scale slightly (I think the largest "tilesize" I am prepared to use is 224x224 pixels).  I think the scale we need to go for is therefore approx 1 tile = 40-50m.

As I said above I'm planning on using Zeno's existing blends where possible and re-rendering them (thanks Zeno!) so it would be good to avoid duplicate work.  For instance Zeno has already done a DC3 (obviously if you do one first in pak128.Britain scale/light then I won't convert Zeno's, but it would be duplicating the work of making the model...)

Finally, liveries should be of a British airline where possible.

jamespetts

As to the larger aircraft, can the same 192 tilesize trick be used as with boats? That might be advisable.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

Yes - as I said above, the largest I'm prepared to go up to is 224x224.

vilvoh

I also have blender models of airplanes so If you want any of them, just ask..  :)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

The Hood

Vilvoh, thanks, that could be useful.  What do you have (just point me to another thread if they are all in there)?

vilvoh

Take a look at this topic. They're mostly freight planes, but I also have some airport buildings like 1930's Gatwick terminal.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

ӔO

any chances of blimps/zeppelins?
a "what if?" R-33/34 and R-100/101, perhaps.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

The Hood

@vilvoh

Thanks - I'll let you know when I'm ready to start using them and which ones I want.

@AEO

Yes.  We'd have to accept they take off and land on runways like normal planes, but we can live with that for now.  Then if anyone does code things to allow more realistic movement of these sort of planes (or things like flying boats or helicopters) we have the images.