News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[Bug] Goods train only loading if concurrent truck line has been established

Started by Colin, February 17, 2010, 06:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

There is sometimes a problem with PAK64 as in Trains not picking up goods. IE: I have a Timber Plantation linked to a Woodmill, I used a Diesel engine and Lumber Cars, the freight platforms were directly alongside the pertinent factories but would not load. The Timber Plantations would not produce.. I built a road with freight stops alongside the railway platforms the Timber Plantation started to produce and the trucks started to load.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

vilvoh

I have the same problem too, specially when you connect elements of an industry chain by train or ship. You need to connect them by road first, and then the chain starts working..

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Colin

Quote from: vilvoh on February 17, 2010, 08:27:31 AM
I have the same problem too, specially when you connect elements of an industry chain by train or ship. You need to connect them by road first, and then the chain starts working..

You're right, this has been happening for quite awhile now. I'm glad it happened to you too. I thought it mught have been something I was doing wrong.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

prissi

How do you did this? Are you sure, that you just did not waited long enough?

And, with what version? If this works with trucks, it should work with any other transportation too (since they are not discerned internally).

vilvoh

Sometimes is enough with waiting a little bit until the elements of the chain "realized" that are connected, but others not. iirc, it happens with the last stable (102.2.2) at least in my case, but may happen with older versions too.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Colin

Quote from: prissi on February 17, 2010, 09:08:10 AM
How do you did this? Are you sure, that you just did not waited long enough?

And, with what version? If this works with trucks, it should work with any other transportation too (since they are not discerned internally).

Hi Prissi, For me it's happening currently with r3104 PAK64.246, but it's happened before. Unfortunately it's hard to pin down because it doesn't happen with all links.

Thought for the day

prissi

Colin

Quote from: prissi on February 21, 2010, 06:52:43 PM
Then do you have a game, with a non-working link.

That's one of the problems, or as Hamlet said, "Aye there's the rub". Sometimes it works another time it doesn't. It seems as if the 'Just in time' function is being invoked, but I have it turned off in both configs.

Thought for the day

Tozetre

Ditto problem. Using V 102 Nightly May 3 2009 on Ubuntu 9.10. Emailed save file to prissi.