News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

r3146: Error in routing

Started by Ters, April 04, 2010, 12:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ters

When I loaded one of my games, I noticed that one of my stations was crowded with passengers going to Error in Routing via Error in Routing. Furthermore, the number was gradually increasing, apparently when some buses were arriving with passengers, but I could find nothing wrong with the buses' passengers. The problem might have been there for some time, but not too long. I generally compile a fresh executable and pakset before I play, if there have been changes.

I have put the savegame at http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Ters%203.sve in case it needs to be studied. The station with the problem is called Malliville station and is located almost straight north-east (right) of the savegame's starting location.

Simutrans r3146
pak64 r269 (with food and waste enabled)

prissi

Aparently the location of mailliville hub was moved during the game just before saving. Building a station somewhere will start the halt update and fix the error in routing display.

Ters

Strange. I haven't done any changes in Malliville lately. I did however do some minor adjustments in two far away town not too long ago. It consisted of extending a train line underground to an often overcrowded bus stop in Appingham, and a subsequent rearrangement of the lines in that town. Shortly after, I added some bus stops in Renden.

Other than that, I have only been freshening up some tunnels, upgrading some track and replacing some vehicles. If something at Malliville has moved recently, it moved by itself. Or is that what you were trying to say?

prissi

Well, passengers save their last halt by coordinates in the savegame. It might have a wierd/wrong entry for the first passenger going via mailville hub, as all later ones will be automatically joined there. Not sure though.

Guillaume

When I loaded my savegame as usually, I saw a station with an important concentration of passengers, so I wanted more information and when I opened the station's window, I got passengers who don't have destination but "Error in Routing". It seems that it happened only in this station, and after other passengers can come as usually with no bugs.
I left, and reloaded the savegame to try to solve it, but even after restarting, there's this bug.

http://www.ekimage.fr/fr/simscr50_2790d.png

Sorry my bad english...

I have simutrans 102.2.2 with pak128 1.4.6

Merged the two topic -- Dwachs

prissi

Building a station somewhere will fix this. Also it will fix itself when the next convoi is started; anything that starts the schedule reconnection. This bug has been reported before and is still not solved.

Guillaume

Thanks a lot, now it works fine after building a station as extension.

Dwachs

Two different patches attached:

(1) by z9999: force a rerouting of all goods during loading a savegame

(2) by myself: halts with 'Error in Routing" goods are scheduled for later rerouting, which is done gradually as the game moves on.

I would like to commit my patch (hear hear), but would like to hear others opinions first.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

Well, but for all stations this is already called after finishing destination listing.

EDIT: The error was further on top. First the dummy halts needed to go before laden abschliessen needed to be called.